Rio Perdido MTB Adventure
Costa Rica offers a varied trail topography that generally includes dirt, gravel, loose rock, and some mud. At Rio Perdido, the trail surface is quite different. Most of the trajectory boasts solid stone, which makes for fun, flowing, and grippy rides. Many visitors have referred to our stone trails as "tropical slick rock" and to this specific area as the Moab of the South.
The private MTB trail circuit at Rio Perdido is situated within a very unique 600-acre, dwarf forest reserve. This is an even more rare form of the dwindling tropical dry forest, where you will find much unique flora and fauna. On any given ride, you may see all sorts of reptiles and mammals. You are certain to see beautiful trees like the giant espavel, quebracho, guapinol, and nance among others.
To best enjoy the amazing reserve, we recommend that groups not exceed a total of 5 people. Larger groups should consider splitting up.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Proper-sized high-end Trail Mountain Bike, certified bike helmet, hydration bottle
- Mechanical support
- Specialized local guide
What's excluded :
- Any extra consumption
- Taxes & Tips
The trails will take you through the most dense parts of a primary forest, to the inside of the thermal canyons, and then up, out of the forest, ascending to the top of the reserve's rocky mesas, which offer very beautiful views of the Miravalles Canyonlands. You are practically guaranteed to see Guanacaste's three main volcano's, to the north. Wether you chose a short route, or you opt for the more extended adventures, you will traverse a very varied landscape, which always makes for an emotion-packed experience. First time RP riders: prepare to stop quite a bit to absorb the scenery and to take pics, if you wish!
While there are countless points of interest along the network, the standouts are Tumbas and Mesa Norte lookouts, the White Canyon Rim, the main 200-ft-long hanging bridge, and of course, the medicinal spring, deep within the reserve's forest. There is no better finale than an extended soak at one of the many, completely natural, thermal river pools.
Departure Point :Rio Perdido, Provincia de Guanacaste, Bagaces, Costa Rica
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.