Rio: Sitio Burle Marx and Cachaça Distillery Private Tour
Visit the incredible Burle Marx Site, one of the most important collections of tropical and semi-tropical plants in the world. Also make a stop at a Cachaça distillery to learn how the famous Brazilian drink is made. Then, enjoy a visit to a local beach with free time to swin or, if you are more into history and culture, visit some more museums.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup from hotels in South Zone and Barra da Tijuca
- Professional Spanish, English or Portuguese-speaking guide
- Entrance to Burle Marx Site
- Entrance to House of Pontal Museum and Soccer Brazilian Confederation Museum (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Casa do Pontal Museum
- Entry/Admission - Museu Selecao Brasileira - CBF
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Optional Stand-up Paddle
- Entrance to Museums When “Burle Marx, Cachaça Distillery and Wild Beaches” option selected.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sitio Roberto Burle Marx, Estrada De Guaratiba 2019 Barra De Guaratiba, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 23020-240 Brazil
Start your day with a visit to the Sitio Burle Marx, the former residence of the well-known landscape architect Roberto Burle Marx. Located in Barra de Guaratiba, the site has one of the most important collections of tropical and semi-tropical plants in the world. The on-site museum also displays art and handicrafts acquired or made by Burle Marx throughout his life.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Alambique Maxicana, Estrada da Barra de Guaratiba, 2013 - Barra Guaratiba, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 23020-822, Brazil
Then, make a stop at the Max Cana Cachaça distillery to learn how the famous Brazilian drink is made. Visit the warehouse and see the machinery. Enjoy a stop here to buy lunch at the distillery restaurant, or head to another local restaurant recommended by the tour guide.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Grumari Beach - Grumari, Rio de Janeiro - State of Rio de Janeiro, 23020, Brazil
If you choose the wild beaches option, you will then head to the beautiful beaches of Grumari or Prainha, where you'll have free time to swim and relax in the sun. You also have the chance to practice stand-up paddling at Restinga da Marambaia.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Casa do Pontal Museum, Estrada do Pontal 3295 Recreio dos Bandeirantes, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22790-877 Brazil
Alternatively, if you choose the museums option, the next stop after lunch will be House of Pontal Museum. Considered the largest and most significant museum of popular art in the country, its collection is composed of approximately 8,500 pieces by 300 Brazilian artists.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Museu Selecao Brasileira - CBF, Avenida Luis Carlos Prestes N0 130, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22775-055 Brazil
Also, if you choose the museums option, the final stop would be at the Brazilian Confederation Museum. Trophies, photos, images and cutting-edge technology will make this visit an interactive, memorable experience.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from hotels in South Zone and Barra da Tijuca. Please stay at the hotel lobby 10 minutes before pick up time.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- If you choose the option with wild beaches, we suggest you bring swimwear, sunscreen, sunglasses and a towel
- If you choose the option with wild beaches, in case of bad weather, alternative arrangements will be made. You can take a panoramic tour of the beaches with stops, switch to the museum itinerary, or go to the mall. In case of going to museums, you will have to pay for the tickets at the time.
- Please note that the route is different after the Cachaça Distillery depending on the option chosen
- Stand-up paddle is optional and subject to availability and weather conditions. The price is around BRL 50,00 per person for 30 minutes and is paid locally
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Additional measures might be added to our list of procedures as we receive guidance from the local health and safety authorities and as more information becomes available. And some of these restrictions might be lifted at some point in the future if we are authorized to do so by local authorities.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.