River Kayaking & Picnic From San Ignacio
The Mopan River is one of the few places where you will be able to relax and enjoy an exciting tour at the same time. It also one of the few rivers that has kept its name since the time of the Mayas until present time.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off for hotels within San Ignacio Town limits
- Use of kayaking equipment
What's excluded :
- Pick up and drop off for Hotels outside San Ignacio Town limits
After morning pickup at your San Ignacio hotel, ride to base camp, where you'll be outfitted with a kayak, paddle, and safety equipment including a life vest and helmet.
After a brief overview of safety essentials and paddling techniques, launch onto the currents of the Mopan River. This waterway winds through the lush western interior of Belize and still carries the same name given to it by the ancient Mayan people who once inhabited the area. Float past traditional communities that line the riverbanks and through the unspoiled jungle landscape. During calm patches, soak up the beauty of the surroundings and keep an eye out for native wildlife such as black howler monkeys, exotic birds, and iguanas. Then, get your heart rate up as you tackle the thrill of class I rivers rapids, relatively mild white waters that are suitable for beginning and intermediate kayakers. Well-trained guides are on hand to offer assistance and ensure your safety. If you happen to topple over, not to worry; they will help you get back in your kayak and paddling along smoothly again in no time.
After conquering the river, dry off and relax on the ride back to your San Ignacio hotel in the early afternoon.
• Belize Family Adventure, San Ignacio Belize
Departure Point :6 Far W St, San Ignacio, Belize
Traveler pickup is offered
We provide hotel pick up for hotels within San Ignacio town limits. For hotels outside of town, we can make arrangements for a small surcharge.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.