Rocinha Favela Half-Day Tour
The Rocinha has become a major tourist attraction in the city in recent years, as people flock to visit the community famous for living in one of the largest urban slums in South America. More than a tourist attraction, however, a trip to the Rocinha favela is a fascinating and meaningful social experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The tour to the Rocinha starts with a pickup from your hotel, after which you'll be taken directly to the favela. A focus of the tour is that it enables you to interact with people in the Rocinha community – but at the same time, the goal is to remain at all times non-intrusive and respectful of the lives of the people living in the favela.
This experience, above all, aims to educate you about the favelas that play such a large role in the life of this city. Your guide will tell you about the history of the Rocinha favela as well as the social and economic challenges faced by its people.
Some places in the favela that you can visit include: Atelier de arte, Mirante “Portao do ceu”, Batucada da garotada, Feira de Domingo, Escola Umuarama, Academicos da Rocinha (samba school), Via Apia (commercial center of Rocinha, Mercado popular, and Voar Pipa.
You'll be driven back to your hotel at the end of the tour – or if you choose, stay there long enough to enjoy a wonderful sunset.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up in all hotels of Rio de Janeiro Downtown and South Zone. For pick up from West Zone (São Conrado, Barra da Tijuca and Recreio dos Bandeirantes) please contact us before (surcharge apply)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.