Rocinha Favela Walking Tour
Visiting the Rocinha favela, one of Rio's hundreds of "favelas" (the Brazilian term for a slum or shantytown) and the largest in the country, is a local experience that gives you the chance to see Brazil from another point of view. With a resident guide, take a non-intrusive walking tour to learn about daily life in the favela and gain insight into the challenges these communities face.
Our pick-up starts at 13:30, however, our tour only starts in Rocinha around 14:10
Duration of our tour including pickup and drop off is around 3 hours.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Copacabana Beach
- Entry/Admission - Ipanema Beach
- Entry/Admission - Rocinha
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Copacabana Beach, Av. Atlantica - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22070-011 Brazil
This is our first beach and place where we pickup most of our clients
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Ipanema Beach, Avenida Vieira Souto - Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro 22420-002 Brazil
Second beach - another great location in Rio and one of the most expensive areas in Brazil. We drive by to pickup clients as well.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rocinha, Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro Brazil
We expect to arrive in Rocinha after all pickups at 14:30 for our walking tour - please wear comfortable shoes for the tour
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Belmond Copacabana Palace, Av. Atlântica, 1702 - Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, 22021-001, Brazil
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multilingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You must be fit or in good condition to walk at least 5 km
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.