Rock sanctuaries and old rituals - Private tour
A Day Trip for Initiations in Sredna Gora Mountain: Stone Cup, Solar Slab and Egg of the Dragon
If you believe in the memory of the stone, then this is your journey. Three places with unique rock configuration tell us for the ancient cult of the Great Goddess Mother. Her emanation in the Universal concept is the Earth. The ancient inhabitants unmistakably have recognized the energy points in Nature. They have shaped them in such a way as to retrieve the information from there and to contribute to the general community welfare.
Come and be a part of one magical Bulgarian adventure!
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport in a modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air conditioning
- Hiking to the Stone Cup, Solar Slab and the Egg of the Dragon sites
- Walking tour in Svejen village and free time for lunch
- An English speaking tripvam driver – guide
What's excluded :
- Personal expenditures
- Food and beverages
- Gratuities (optional)
- Insurance (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: tripvam Plovdiv, Mizia street 10A, Plovdiv 4000 Bulgaria
Our adventure starts at 09:00 am. We’ll take you from your hotel or the apartment where you stay.
Then we head to Bebek village and after 50 min drive, we’ll arrive at the place where we leave our car and start hiking. We have about 40 minutes of hiking ahead of us through slightly steep oak forest. At the end of our hike, we’ll reach the only surviving Sun slab. Thе two-meter-high smooth stone with the shape of a flame is put on а specially carved into the rock bed.
For thousands of years, this was a sacred place.
Afterward, we are going on a hike through an ancient Roman road which leads to the unique megalith “Egg of the dragon”. It is the only one in Bulgaria!
According to some professor in the well-smoothed rock next to the Egg are engraved sacrificed people, ritual platforms and a staircase.
We depart for the village of Svejen where we can see 101 houses from the time of the Bulgarian enlightenment and even older! There are about 15 houses more than 300 years of age which are being architectural monuments nowadays.
Around 4:00 pm we go back to our car and leave for Plovdiv. Expected arrival time in Plovdiv – 5:00 pm
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Wherever you are staying at
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.