Rockland Bird Sanctuary plus Shopping Private Tour
Bird lovers will find this tour very fascinating as many different birds will fly from trees to the ground for you to feed them.
The hummingbirds, the national bird of Jamaica, are part of a special experience as you sit with a bottle of their favorite drink, wait for them to perch on your outstretched finger while you feed them from the bottle. Next, you will take a walk through the garden with the guide to see the different trees and herbs before the tour ends.
per adult from
3 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Red stripe beer
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Admission Fees ($20 per adult and $10 per child 4-10
- Entry/Admission: Rocklands Bird sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - Rocklands Bird Sanctuary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, Rocklands Road, Wiltshire Jamaica
The sanctuary is home to thousands of birds from Jamaica and migrant birds who have flown thousands of miles to feed here. The Red-billed Streamertail and Jamaica Mango are so tame that they will come straight to a handheld bottle of sugar water and some will even sit on your finger to feed.
Jamaica has 4 resident species of hummingbird, 3 of which can be found at the Rocklands Sanctuary, but the fourth, the Black-billed Streamertail, is found only on the very eastern part of the island.
Put some seed on your hand to attract the Black-faced Grassquit, Yellow-faced Grassquit, and Orangequit. See the Bananaquit and Greater Antillean Bullfinch hopping around the feeders.
There’s an outdoor patio area where you can sit and watch birds such as the Jamaican Oriole using the feeders. The Common Ground-Dove and Caribbean Dove can be seen around the gardens, looking for the seed provided in the sanctuary.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
If your hotel is not listed please type when booking. Guests should be waiting in the lobby area of hotel for driver.We pickup from most hotel in Montego Bay and other accommodations.Ports
- Montego Bay Cruise Port, Mantica Way, Montego Bay, Jamaica
- Port of Falmouth, Falmouth, Jamaica
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats are available upon request
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.