Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and Montego Bay Highlights Tour from Falmouth
This half-day tour will take you to Rocklands Bird Sanctuary and to tourist highlights in Montego Bay including Sam Sharp Square, Saint James Parish Church, Richmond Hill Great House and hip-strip shopping.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/bus
- Local taxes
- Entrance fee to Bird Sanctuary
- Entrance fee to Richmond Hill Great House
- Entry/Admission - Rocklands Bird Sanctuary
- Entry/Admission - St James Parish Church
- Entry/Admission - Richmond Hill Inn
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos and other items for sale
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Stop At: Rocklands Bird Sanctuary, Rocklands Road, Wiltshire Jamaica
Welcome to the Rocklands Bird Sanctuary in the hills of Anchovy for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Watch the birds (about 15 different species) fly around eagerly, waiting for you to put out a finger for them to perch and to feed them nectar from a bottle or a finch perched and happily eating from your palm. See many species of birds such as the Jamaican Oriole, The Doctor Bird (national bird of Jamaica), White Winged Dove, Finches, Red Crowned Woodpecker and much more! Please note that these birds are not caged, they are wild birds that just come to the sanctuary during the day to feed. After about 1 hour with the birds, the bird keeper will take you on a short walk in the woods, pointing out various local trees and plants. You might just see a Barn Owl sleeping somewhere between the sticks! This is truly a nature lover's dream tour.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Sam Sharpe Square, Montego Bay Jamaica
Get your cameras ready as you make your way from the port. We drive on the left so, don't be alarmed as your driver makes his way through the busy Barnett Street (longest street in Montego Bay) to downtown. Our first 15 minutes stop will be at Sam Sharp Square where statues of slaves who were severely punished in the year 1832 for the Christmas day rebellion that took place in 1831 are on display. Feel free to exit the vehicle and browse The museum at the Montego Bay Civic Centre.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: St James Parish Church, Payne Street, Montego Bay Jamaica
The tour will continue to the St., James Parish Church for a 30 minutes visit. This Anglican Church, built in 1775 is one of the oldest churches in the Montego Bay area. It boasts an amazing architecture and some of the contents ranging back from as far as over 200 years ago. Built to last for centuries, this church is still fully functional as back in the days when it was first constructed. Be sure to read the marble plaques and headstones that displays an array of exquisite poems well wishes written in old English.
Richmond Hill Great House (Plantation Home).
Our next stop will be at the elegant Richmond Hill Great House. The colonial style Great House is located 500 feet above the hustle and bustle of Montego Bay City. Built in 1804 by members of the Dewars family, original owners of the Dewars Whisky. This Great House sits on top of a hill in the center of town and is home to several movie scenes including James Bond Movies. From there you get a panoramic view of the entire city of Montego Bay. The view stretches over 25 miles (40.23 meters) beyond. Relax by the pool for a moment or just sit by the bar and have a cold red stripe (extra cost). Your tour guide will tell you all about the rich history of Richmond Hill Great House while doing your walk through. After a 45 minutes stop it will be time to head out for lunch and then back to your hotel..
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Hip Strip, Gloucester Avenue, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Montego Bay Hip Strip is also known for some of the best souvenir shopping ever! There are several of gift shops and craft markets selling various kinds of local art and crafts plus other items like T-Shirts, caps, mugs, Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee, Rums, Bob Marley and Usain bolt’s memorabilia – don’t forget to negotiate prices.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Richmond Hill Inn, Richmond Hill Rd, Montego Bay, Jamaica
Our next stop will be at Richmond Hill where the elegant Richmond Hill Great House once stood. This colonial style Great House which was destroyed by fire on December 30, 2019 was located 500 feet above the hustle and bustle of Montego Bay City. Built in 1804 by members of the Dewar family, original owners of the Dewars Whisky. This Great House sits strategically on top of a hill in the center of town and is home to several movie scenes including James Bond Movies. Entertainers LL Cool J, Alicia Keys, Eddie Murphy all visited this house. From the Richmond hill you get a panoramic view of the entire city of Montego Bay. The view stretches over 25 miles (40.23 meters) beyond. Before the fire persons could relax by the pool for a moment or just sit by the bar and have a cold red stripe (extra cost). Your tour guide will tell you all about the rich history of Richmond Hill Great House while doing your walk through. All of that is no more however, this is still the best spot to take pictures and feel the fresh mountain air.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pickup from most hotels. You must contact your local supplier at the number provided or by email at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to arrange hotel/central pickup point. Be at your pickup point at least 10 minutes prior to pick up time. Our vehicles and IDs are marked with the SNL Jamaican Tours logo.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children 17 years or younger must be accompanied by a paying adult
- Infant meals not included
- Dress code is casual
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walk shoes are recommended
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a camera, sunscreen, water and snacks
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Limited amount of wheelchair transportation available
- Limited amount of Child seats available
- Limited amount of infant seats available
- You must be 18 or older with ID to consume alcoholic beverages
- Minimum number apply: A minimum of 4 persons are required for this tour to take place. If we do not meet the minimum the tour may be rescheduled, an alternative suggested or canceled.
- We pickup from most hotels. You must contact your local supplier at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to confirm your booking and pickup time, also to arrange your pickup at a central location if you are staying at other accommodations.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point at least 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Pickup time subject to change based on local traffic conditions and inclement weather.
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.