Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park Tour from Denver
Enjoy a beautiful day in one of Americas most treasured National Parks! Allow our local guide to safely drive while you enjoy the views. Get out to See, Learn and Explore all the beauty the park has to offer don't just drive past. Travel through the city of Boulder adn the small town of Lyons on your way up to the park. Once inside the National Park enjoy a stroll around a snow covered Glacial Lake, carved out and dammed by glaciers long ago. Observe herds of elk grazing on rich grasses in Moraine Park. See incredible mountain and park views at Many Parks Curve. Witness the destructive force of Mother Nature while walking around an alluvial fan in Horseshoe Park. Visit the mountain village of Estes Park and have lunch on your own in one of the many restaurants or cafes, stroll the river walk and enjoy souvenir and boutique, shopping or choose to visit the Historic Stanley Hotel.
Special Note: Wildlife viewing likely but not guaranteed.
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by air-conditioned 12 or 15 passenger Ford Transit touring vans
- Water refills, please bring a refillable water bottle for your own use
- Entry/Admission - Beaver Meadows Visitor Center
- Entry/Admission - Sprague Lake
- Entry/Admission - Many Parks Curve Overlook
- Entry/Admission - Alluvial Fan
- Entry/Admission - Horseshoe Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (15-20% recommended)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Denver Union Station, 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202-1047
Begin your tour at Historic Union Station where your local driver guide for the day will pick you up.
Duration: 5 minutes
Pass By: University of Colorado at Boulder, Boulder, CO 80309
Drive through downtown Boulder on your way up to the National Park. See the University of Colorado Boulder Campus and Pearl Street.
Stop At: Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, 1000 US Highway 36, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO 80517-8311
Enter into Rocky Mountain National Park. Travel through the park making stops to view wildlife, beautiful Mountain peaks and walk down trails. Stop in Moraine Park to look for herds of grazing elk, coyote, and deer.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sprague Lake, Near Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Enjoy a stroll around either Bear or Sprague Lake, determined by you, your guide and driving conditions. At either lake you will enjoy views of inspiring mountain peaks all around you and breath in the fresh mountain air. In the winter our guide will provide snow treads for you shoes so you may enjoy the beauty safely.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Many Parks Curve Overlook, Us 34, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Travel up to this beautiful overlook and enjoy views of the many sides of the park. Enjoy a short walk for photos and views of the numerous mountain peaks and valleys in the park.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Alluvial Fan, Old Fall River Rd About 3 Mi West of the Fall River Entrance Station, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Hear the story of destruction and see the power of mother nature at this beautiful alluvial fan waterfall. Have fun walking the trail next to the massive boulders that were deposited on the valley floor, hear see and feel the rocky mountain water as it comes down to the valley.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Horseshoe Park, Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
Follow the river through Horseshoe park and past Sheep Lakes all the while looking for wildlife along the way. Elk, Bighorn Sheep and Moose have been seen here also a favorite spot for birds and deer.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Downtown Estes Park, Estes Park, CO
Spend time on your own in downtown Estes Park located at the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. Stroll down Elkhorn Avenue and see the many local artisan stores and choose to eat lunch in any of the wonderful restaurants. If interested your guide will take you to see if the beautiful historic Stanley Hotel where Stephen King was inspired to write The Shinning.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Union Station, Denver, CO 80202, USA
Departure Time :8:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved down trails and overlooks
- Operates in all weather conditions unless unsafe driving conditions exist, so please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the unlikely event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Not available after Memorial Day then we operate our Rocky Mountain National Park Summer Tour due to Trail Ridge Road being opened for the season please see that listing to book this tour in the summer
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Windows will be open while driving in the van for extra ventilation Capacity capped at 50% to allow for distancing in vans Guides and guests will wear face masks while in the van
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.