Roman Baths and Bath City Walking Tour
An enjoyable 2-hour tour that takes in the best of Bath's ancient Roman heritage, as well as its splendid Georgian architecture and its vibrant modern culture. Your knowledgeable local guides will show you the very best of Bath both past and present, and will give you the inside story on this fascinating city. They will even lead the group inside the Roman Baths to explore the artifacts left in Bath by Britain's Roman conquerors almost 2,000 years ago.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Bath entrance if option not selected
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The tour starts in the morning or afternoon at the Bath Abbey in the city center, where you will meet your guide and begin with a string of sites including Pulteney Bridge and Bath Abbey, the site of the coronation of the first King of England in 973. You then proceed to the first highlight of the tour, the Roman Baths. Your guide will lead the group into the Baths (if option selected) to see the fascinating items and legacies left in Bath by the Romans during their occupation of the area, and to witness the miraculous phenomenon of Bath's hot geothermal springs.
In the second half of the tour, you will also take in the enchanting Georgian architecture of this charming town. From the magnificent Royal Crescent to the mysterious Circus, you see the best of the pomp and luxury of the 18th century. We proceed from the central Pump Rooms to the lavish Upper Assembly Rooms and, finally, arrive at the sumptuous Royal Crescent and the mysterious Circus, Bath offers a stunning variety of breathtaking architectural gems.
The tour has been specially devised to show you the very best of the Bath. The guides are fun, engaging local professionals who will make the city’s history truly accessible for visitors of all ages. They are not going to throw a list of dates and facts at you. The guides know their stuff, but they also know how to explain it without putting you to sleep.
Departure Point :Bath Abbey, Bath BA1 1LT, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please not any special requirements for your tour in the Special Requirements field at the time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.