Roman Catacombs and Bone Chapel: Small Group and Skip-the-line
Visit the largest Catacomb complex in Rome and the fascinating Bone Chapel with a small group and a professional guide.
You will begin your journey through the dark and mysterious side of ancient Rome with a guided tour of the Capuchin Crypts. An unusual and unique site in Rome, Capuchin Crypts reveal the mysteries of the order of Capuchins. Gaze in awe at the macabre display of thousands of human skeletons used by the friars to decorate their cemetery located under a baroque church.
The next destination is the Catacombs of Santa Domitilla. The largest and the oldest underground graveyard located near the Appian Way. Let your expert guide take you through the dark and narrow tunnels to the burial chambers, artworks and places of worship dug in the soil of Rome.
After the tour of the Catacombs, your rebooked taxi will be waiting to take you back to the city center.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Crypt of Capuchins
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe di Santa Domitilla
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
We start this tour with a very special, remarkable place - Capuchin Crypts. This unique cemetery located beneath the church of Capuchins holds a macabre display. 5 crypts built in the 17th century, decorated with the remains of the Capuchin friars. Behold over 3700 human skeletons used as a work of art.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Catacombe di Santa Domitilla, Via delle Sette Chiese 282, 00147 Rome Italy
After a short taxi ride, we arrive at the Catacombs of Rome. An extensive network of tunnels, stretching for miles beneath the surface. We visit the most ancient and the largest, underground graveyard of Rome. Follow your guide down the dark tunnels that were once used to bury hundreds of thousands of bodies. The Catacombs, extremely well preserved, contain some of the oldest Christian art-works in the world in addition to the countless artifacts.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Capuchin Crypt, Via Vittorio Veneto, 27, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Piazza Venezia, Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- No photos allowed at the venues!
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- A small group allows not only for a better experience but also makes it safer for our guests and guides.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.