Roman city Augusta Raurica leadership
Over 10,000 people once lived in the Roman city of Augusta Raurica on the Rhine. Discover the exciting traces they have left on this introductory tour.
The tour begins in front of the unique bronze city model, where you talk about Roman urban planning. In the authentically furnished Roman house, you will learn about the technical subtleties of Roman living. Or did you know that underfloor heating is a Roman invention?
In the museum you can admire the greatest silver treasure of Roman antiquity and learn a lot about Roman military and commercial history. Finally, in the imposing theater, take a moment to watch the thrilling spectacles and dream of moody comedies or bloody gladiator fights.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guided tour, entrance to the museum, admission to the Römerhaus, monuments, animal park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Augusta Raurica, Giebenacherstrasse 17, Augst 4302 Switzerland
More than twenty monuments and sites can be seen in Augusta Raurica. From the best preserved Roman theater north of the Alps to the fully furnished Roman house, the museum with the largest silver treasure of late antiquity, to the mighty castle wall, you can visit, commit and touch everything here.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Giebenacherstrasse 17, 4302 Augst, Switzerland
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.