Rome Catacombs and Capuchin Crypts Small-Group Tour
On this Rome Catacombs tour, explore a centuries-old burial site home to fascinating ancient human remains. Uncover the darker side of Rome and explore what many deem as one of Rome’s best hidden gems.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional driver and a luxury vehicle during the tour
- Tour meets at a central designated spot
- Expert art historian tour guide
- Small group size to guarantee a personal experience
- Off-the-beaten-path itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Museum and Crypt of Capuchins
- Entry/Admission - Catacombe di Santa Domitilla
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museum and Crypt of Capuchins, Via Vittorio Veneto 27, 00187 Rome Italy
This ancient crypt contains the skeletal remains of 3,700 bodies believed to have been Capuchin friars buried by order. These individuals were buried between the years 1500 and 1870, when the Roman Catholic Church permitted burial inside and underneath churches.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Catacombe di Santa Domitilla, Via delle Sette Chiese 282, 00147 Rome Italy
The Christian Catacombs of Domitilla are an elaborate underground maze of tunnels that offer a rare glimpse into early Christianity in Rome. Hidden deep underground and located about 15 minutes outside of Rome, these catacombs were created in response to the shortage of burial plots in Rome’s city center during the second century. The Domitilla Catacombs contain thousands of burial plots, where the remains of Ancient Romans were once located.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Via Appia Antica, Via Appia, Rome Italy
Emperor Aurelian built a wall around Rome during the third century in order to protect the city from barbarian invaders. We’ll take you to the Aurelian Walls in our climate-controlled vehicle to see them up close. You’ll walk along a small stretch of the Ancient Appian Way, one of the most important Ancient Roman roads leading all the way to Southern Italy. The Ancient Appian Way is also where 10,000 slaves were crucified during the revolt of Spartacus.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Barberini, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Piazza Venezia, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children 6 and under must pay for this tour for their seat. Due to traffic regulations all children must be seated. Car seats available upon request. Must be requested at least 72 hours in advance.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Our number 1 priority is for our customers to feel 100% safe during their experience with us. This is why we have implemented: -reduced group sizes, -enforce social distancing - masks are mandatory for both customers and guides - guides bring hand sanitizer with them for our customers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.