ROME: CRYPTS AND CATACOMBS half-day private tour
Discover our small group tour of the crypts and the catacombs sitted in the roman territor with a private guide and a private driver:
The crypts are undergrounds (or partly undergrounds) chambers, usually located beneath the chancel, for holy relics and burials. Crypts could be extremely large and might contain one or more altars in separate chapels. Crypts might hold the shrine of a saint, and thus woulds have to be large enough to accommodate pilgrims coming to pray at the shrine. Most cathedrals have sizeable crypts.
The catacombs are series of underground passages and rooms where bodies were buried in the past.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- The tour start from the city center and the
Santa Maria Maggiore church where a short tour will operate showing the wonders of the Basilica.
The travellers will be then driven by a personal bus to the
Capuchin church and its wonderful crypt for a one hour guided tour.
At the end of the tour, you will then reach the
catacombs of San Callisto for another one hour guided tour, after passing by the Aventino to see one of the hidden wonders of Rome.
The crypts and catacombs experience will finally reach the
San Clemente church and its crypt for another and last one hour guided tour.
Departure Point :Piazza di S. Maria Maggiore, 42, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.