Rome Food Tour by Night in the Jewish Ghetto & Campo Marzio with Wine Tasting
Fun and informative evening that combines great curiosities about Italian culture and cuisine with historical facts. Perfect for all ages this 4-hours tour will give you the chance to explore the old Jewish Ghetto and a huge area which was once occupied by the Theatre of Pompeo. While walking, your tour guide will introduce you several regional dishes like the roman style artichokes, high-quality salumi and cheese, Roman pizza, artisanal gelato and a lot more, together with a brief description of the historical spots you will come across. Have lots of fun with us during this experience, we promise it will be unforgettable!
per adult from
What's included :
- Over 10 different food tasting;
- Wine, beer and soft drinks;
- Walking tour;
- Local and expert guide.
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off;
- The visit to the inside of the Synagogue.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Made In Italy Tours by Luca and his Guide Mates, Via Paolo Quinto 33, 0167 Rome Italy
Do not miss the chance to discover the treasures of the ancient Rome with us during this fun and informative food tour.
Stop At: Piazza Mattei, Rome Italy
The tour will start from this point. Our expert and local guide will take you to experience great local food while visiting some of Rome's most important attractions. We'll take you off the tourist track during this food and wine walking tour through Campo dè Fiori and Jewish Ghetto area. The meeting point is at Piazza Mattei, a small square close by the Altar of the Fatherland.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Ghetto Ebraico, Piazza delle Cinque Scole, 00186 Rome Italy
A tiny street will lead us to the main street of the Jewish Ghetto, an area chosen by the Pope in 1555 to host more than 7000 Jews, forced to live there until the end of the 19th century. Learn with our expert guide all the facts and history behind the Jewish Ghetto and try the most famous local specialty, the Jewish-Roman fried artichokes. You will also visit the Synagogue from outside.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Piazza di Campo de' Fiori, 00186 Rome Italy
After having tasted the artichoke "a la giudìa", one of the typical dishes of the Jewish community in Rome, we will move towards the districts Parione and Regola. In the so-called Chiavari Street, we will stop at one of the most famous Roman bakeries, a family-business from 1824, where we will enjoy an excellent thin and crunchy pizza, and we will discover why the margherita has been named in this way. Afterwards, a selection of the finest salami and cheese, will be accompanied by a glass of local wine. As part of the sightseeing attractions you will learn about the Theater of Pompeo, hidden among the modern buildings. A rich dinner, with typical roman main courses, among the ruins of this ancient theater is the highlight of this tour.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
Before you stop to admire this square you will savor a delicious Tiramisù as dessert. Admire the beauty of Bernini's Fountain of the Four Rivers which supports an ancient Egyptian obelisk over a hollowed-out rock, surmounted by four marble figures symbolizing four major rivers of the world: Ganges in Asia, Rio de La Plata in America, Danube in Europe and Nile in Africa.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Basilica di Sant'Eustachio, Piazza di Sant_Eustachio, 00186 Rome Italy
Discover the taste of the real Italian expresso while you admire the beautiful Basilica di Sant'Eustachio.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Largo di Torre Argentina, 00186 Rome Italy
Visit the Largo argentina, a square in Rome that houses four Roman temples and the remains of a Temple, discovered in 1920. This is the place where Julius Caesar was killed. While you learn about this important square you will indulge one of the best ice creams in town. This great evening will introduce you to the local culinary scene and will give you a good panorama of the old city center. Come hungry!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza Mattei, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Largo di Torre Argentina, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved;
- Dress code is smart casual;
- Dietary restrictions can be accommodated if advised in advance. Please note this in the 'special requirements' field on booking;
- Transfer from your hotel to the meeting point is NOT INCLUDED in the price. Taxi or buses are a convenient option;
- Places visited during your tour are subject to change.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We are taking recommended prevention measures from WHO and implement best-practices accordingly.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.