Rome from and to Civitavecchia Port: Colosseum & Vatican, lunch and car included
Get off your cruise for one day and visit the best-known sites of Rome: Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine – Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. We offer you a chance to catch a glimpse of what makes this ancient metropolis so great, comfortably, in your private luxury car with your professional guide. Pick up and drop off at the dock! We provide intermediate transfers and lunch in a selected restaurant. 9 hours include pick up and drop off.
- Cars and drivers might change at every transfer: remember to bring all your belongings with you.
- Big bags or backpacks and big umbrellas are not allowed inside the sites.
- Cover knees and shoulders inside the Sistine and in every Church.
- Guides cannot avoid metal detectors checks
- St. Peter’s Basilica might close without previous notice, mostly in Easter and Christmas.
Last minute, we are unable to organize the tour in a different way. We will explain the Basilica from St. Peter's Square.
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - lunch in a typical restaurant ,with main course, appetizer and water included
- All Fees and Taxes
- professional certified guide
- intermediate transfer between the two sites
- pick up and drop off back to port on time for embarkation
- Skip the line tickets to Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine
- Skip the line tickets to Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and Basilica
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
What's excluded :
- extras at the restaurant ( appetizer, typical main course and water included )
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Your private driver will be waiting for you at Civitavecchia port holding a sign with your name. He will bring you to Rome where you will meet your private guide for a complete tour of Colosseum, Forum and Palatine. After admiring the impeccably preserved Arch of Constantine, you will move onto the Coliseum. The grandest amphitheater in the world will amaze you! You will walk on the footsteps of Roman Emperors through the Roman Forum. Thanks to your guide’s explanations, you will be able to imagine their triumphal processions and public speeches. The Arch of Titus will be the perfect introduction to the panoramic hill of The Palatine. The ancient legend says that Romulus founded Rome on this hill in 753 B.C. Following his actions, the Emperors built here their opulent homes. After this complete Ancient Rome tour you will fully understand Ancient Romans life.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The guide will bring you to a typical restaurant for lunch. You will then enter the Vatican Museums overflowing with masterpieces by many of Italy’s most important Italian artists. Giotto, Bernini, Caravaggio, Raphael, Botticelli, Perugino, Pinturicchio and many others sit alongside important works from Ancient Greece, Rome and Egypt. You will visit one of the world’s most important Picture Galleries, with paintings that have made the history of art. You will walk through famous galleries such as the tapestries and maps ones. You will learn the secrets of The Sistine Chapel, with its enormous Michelangelo’s frescoes. Here you will have time to observe the details of his sublime “Last Judgment”. Your guide will bring you directly from the Sistine Chapel into St. Peter’s Basilica, the world’s largest Church, to admire Michelangelo’s “Pietà” and other highlights like Bernini’s bronze baldachin. The tour will end with the embrace of Bernini’s colonnade and its optical illusion.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kindly give all details regarding Cruise name, disembarkation and embarkation times in order to confirm or modify pick up time and place accordingly. The driver will wait at the dock of your Ship with a sign with your name.Ports
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please provide any mobility and wheelchair access requirements. Also note that visitors with limited mobility can contact us for special requirements, such as wheelchairs or walkers. Ancient Rome area and Vatican Museums visits involve significant walking. Please note that the pathway from the Sistine Chapel to St Peter’s Basilica has 50 steps and is not wheelchair accessible. We would like to inform you that the tour will continue to the Basilica only if all members of your private group can walk down the stairs; If the group includes participants with reduced mobility, the tour will end without accessing the Basilica. Please also note that other participants in your group will have to take charge of pushing the wheelchair and/or carry it down the stairs. However, visiting the Basilica in a wheelchair is still possible: we will have to go back to the exit and reach the site from the outside. This requires about one hour extra time and an extra charge of €50,00 for the additional tourist guide service.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Temperature checks for travelers and guides before entering each site or museum
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.