Rome in a Day for Cruise Ship Passengers
Cruise ship shore excursions are expensive. Better to experience Rome (guided tour) and the Vatican Museums (priority access) with us for less than €115! Disembark from your ship and take the train to Rome (details in booking confirmation). Your guided Colosseum and Roman Forum tour departs at 1045am and you will arrive in Rome with time to see the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon before tour departure. Make your own way to our Vatican meeting point (metro or taxi) at 245pm for tickets and 3pm entrance to the museums. You will be free to explore before returning to your ship by train well ahead of ship departure. Port pick up and drop off by private car available as an option, see below.
per adult from
What's included :
- Extensive tour of the Roman Forum archaeological area with an expert Archaeologist guide
- Faster than fast track entry into the Colosseum through Gladiator Gate to the Arena Floor
- Core of the Colosseum tour with an expert Archaeologist guide
- Ample time between your tour of ancient Rome / Vatican Museums tour to see the historic center
- Skip all lines at the Vatican and get to all the major must-see highlights ahead of everyone else
- Self-guided Vatican Museums walk
- Instructions how to reach Roma S. Pietro station by the Vatican for the return train to your ship!
- You will be back on board in good time before departure.
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Train tickets between Civitavecchia - Roma Termini station / Roma S. Pietro Station - Civitavecchia
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
We meet beneath Trajan's Column on the edge of ancient Rome to prepare for a fascinating trip back in the time to the realm of Emperors, Gladiators and beasts!
Duration: 15 hours
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The heart and soul of ancient Rome.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Enter the Icon of Rome and understand what it really meant to kill or be killed as a gladiator in ancient Rome.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
Vast museums inside the Vatican City which house many thousands of ancient works of art and sculpture. The most important museum complex in the world!
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
Simply the most colourful room in the world! Michelangelo's ceiling will deeply impress all who enter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: Trajan's Column, Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via Sebastiano Veniero, 19, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :10:45 AM
Return Detail :Vatican Museums, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- You will disembark from your ship and walk the short distance to Civitavecchia railway station (or take mobility shuttle bus) for the train to Rome
- There is a train station in the town of Civitavecchia with several trains per hour going to Roma Termini central station
- Local trains take you to Rome's central station (Roma Termini) in about an hour
- Faster trains can make it in under an hour but cost three times as much. The station is close to the entrance of the port and a shuttle bus is available to get there from where passengers disembark
- The free port mobility bus takes cruise passengers to the railway station. Carry hand luggage only, nothing bulky
- As your first tour is of Ancient Rome, we suggest getting off the train at Ostiense train station and then taking Metro line C to the Colosseum
- To return to port and your ship, take the train from Roma St. Peter’s Station (Roma S. Pietro) directly back to Civitavecchia. A taxi from the Vatican to Roma San Pietro Station costs about 10 euros and is a 6 minute drive
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We take the necessary post-coronavirus precautions on all our tours. This tour is checked several times daily for health and hygiene compliance and maintenance of secure operational standards.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.