Rome in a Day: Vatican and Colosseum with Skip the Line
Enjoy skip-the-line access and uncover the history of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica on this 7-hour guided tour. Take a breath with a walking tour of the most famous art collection in the world at the Vatican Museums. Have a relaxed lunch in Rome's city center then visit the Colosseum and ancient Rome.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Wireless audio headset to assist with hearing guide
- Lunch in a typical Italian restaurant (3 courses) only for the pickup option
- Hotel pickup (only for centrally located hotels in Rome) exclusively for the lunch option
- Transportation during the tour only for tour type with lunch and pickup
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities
- Hotel drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
The Sistine Chapel is one of the most important treasures of the Vatican, of Rome and of the whole world. It is renowned both for its frescoes and for the fact that the Popes are elected here.
What most attracts attention in the Sistine Chapel, however, is not its architecture, but the frescoes that completely decorate its walls and ceiling. Renowned artists such as Botticelli, Perugino and Michelangelo contributed to the wide decoration of the Chapel.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The Vatican Museums are one of the largest collections of works of art in the world. There is also the Sisitina Chapel which is the place where even today the Conclave is celebrated for the election of the pontiffs and where other solemn papal functions take place.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
The Colosseum, originally known as Amphitheatrum Flavium or simply as Amphitheatrum, is the largest amphitheater in the world, located in the center of the city of Rome
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: St. Peter's Basilica, Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Vatican City Italy
The grandeur of the seventeenth-century façade of Carlo Maderno makes the idea of the gigantic dimensions of St. Peter's Basilica, still today one of the largest churches in the world. The dome designed by Michelangelo surprises in size and harmony.
Among the many masterpieces, not to be missed is the Pietà by Michelangelo, the work that has been surprising for centuries in terms of technique and emotion.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
It was the area where the public and religious life of ancient Rome took place. With the fall of the Empire, the Roman Forum fell into oblivion and was buried little by little. Although the existence and location of the Forum was already known in the 16th century, excavations began only in the 20th century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
The Palatine is one of the seven hills of Rome, located between the Velabro and the Roman Forum, and is one of the oldest parts of the city. The site is now a large open-air museum and can be visited during the day
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from centrally located hotels in Rome
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- On Wednesday morning tours: the visit inside St. Peter's Basilica is substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library due to the Papal Audience taking place every Wednesday
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays at security checks when entering the Colosseum
- This tour visits religious sites, and a dress code will be enforced. Visitors must be dressed appropriately: no sleeveless blouses, no miniskirts, no shorts, and no hats allowed
- If you have a pacemaker you will need to show a certificate, otherwise you will not be admitted without being screened
- due to shorter daylight, from October 27 the visit to the Palatine Hill will be replaced with an external explanation from the Capitoline Hill
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please be advise that from the 27th of October 2019 the Colosseum tour starts at 02:00 pm
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events. In this case the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.