Rome Through The Ages: History Experience
With a history dating back to 753BC, it’s no wonder that Rome has such an exciting heritage and rich culture! The centre of Rome is listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site (not many cities can say that!), but even outside of the centre you’re literally surrounded by history everywhere you turn. Roman locals are well versed in their city’s history and are passionate about sharing that heritage, so with a local by your side you’ll discover fascinating pieces of history that you wouldn’t find in a guidebook. Walk through centuries of history, from Ancient Rome through the Middle Ages to the Renaissance, and experience the history of the Eternal City come to life as you explore with a local.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 5 hours with a Local host
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
Explore the most historic neighbourhoods in the city, and climb Palatine Hill and see stunning views of the city.
Pass By: Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Visit the most famous historic attractions and learn about them with the unique insight of a local’s knowledge.
Pass By: Arco di Costantino, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Rome Italy
All history passionates will find this structure fascinating. It is a 21m-high Roman structure made up of 3 arches decorated with figures and battle scenes. Your kids will love it!
Pass By: Isola Tiberina, Rome Italy
Walk towards the river and learn about the different ages of Roman history. Historic facts mix with legends in Rome, the centuries have created thousands of different versions and interpretations.
Departure Point :Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 5/14/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.