Rome Underground: VIP Transfer to the Catacombs + Guided Tour
This underground tour of the Catacombs takes you deeper into the unusual history of Rome, far below its busy streets and towering monuments to the concealed side of this ancient city. The itinerary includes some of the most uncommon, mysterious and outlandish sites of the Eternal City. A VIP minibus full equipped with air conditioning will take you to the catacombs: the staff will provide an App City audio guide that will introduce the venue. The catacombs were created in response to a shortage of land for deceased’s remains. This extensive network of tunnels snaking underground was once both a burial ground and a place of worship for the first Christians in Rome. With an expert guide you’ll explore and hear the fascinating history of these sacred places: 45 minutes - guided tour at the Catacombe di San Callisto except on Wednesday: you will visit the Catacombe di Santa Domitilla. Dress code is required: it’s best to also have a light jacket, as it can get cold underground.
per adult from
What's included :
- Vip return transfer fully equipped minivan (40 mins)
- Assistance at the TOURISTATION meeting point
- 45 minutes guided tour at the Catacombs
- Morning and afternoon departure timing
- 25 min Ancient Rome Multimedia Video
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
What's excluded :
- Drink and food
- Pick up from the hotel
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Catacombs of Saint Callixtus, Via Appia Antica 110, 00179 Rome Italy
Get ready to have your assumptions about Rome turned upside down on this incredibly unique journey of discovery!
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza d'Aracoeli, 16, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Not recommended for travellers who may get claustrophobic due to the small spaces.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.