Rome's Best: Vatican, Colosseum & Castel St' Angelo Audio tours (no tickets)
Download 5 self-guided audio tours on your phone and set out on a colorful journey straight to the heart of Rome exploring the city’s must-see attractions. Visit Rome’s top landmarks, the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Vatican Museums & Castel Sant’ Angelo and enjoy a walking audio tour weaving through the cobbled streets and iconic piazzas of the Eternal city. Marveling at Rome’s most illustrious landmarks, you will gain valuable insights into its tumultuous history and culture, accompanied by a collection of award-winning storytelling audio tours on your smartphone.
You’ll also discover the highlights along with some unexpected secrets of the city with a fun and quirky tour, which will guide you through dazzling Baroque fountains, century-old gelato shops, and breathtaking buildings. This is an unmissable opportunity to delve into the culture and urban charms of the Italian capital and become a veritable Roman insider!
* Entrance fees to the sites and the museum are not included.
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
What's included :
- 5 Self-guided audio tours for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with offline interactive maps to avoid roaming charges
- Αctivation link to access your audio tour
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the sites
- Live Guide
- Smartphone or headphones
- App not compatible with Windows phones
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Rome
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Your Colosseum audio tour will unlock the brutal secrets of the famed amphitheater. Among many other parts of the iconic Roman landmark, you’ll explore the Colosseum arena, where the fearless gladiators fought against wild beasts and you’ll walk through the Cavea, where the audiences once enjoyed the spectacles of blood cheering and yelling in full swing!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
The immersive Roman Forum audio tour will guide you through the densely built complex of the Forum, where you will feel the power of the imperial city coming alive. Through an award-winning storytelling concept, you’ll gain valuable insights into the Temple of Caesar, the House of the Vestals & Basilica Maxentius among other fascinating attractions.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
With your Castel Sant’ Angelo audio tour you’ll explore, at your own pace, secret corners of unique beauty. Following the site’s gradual transformation from a tomb to a military fortress you’ll listen to the stories of glorious Roman Emperors, unfortunate prisoners, and famous Popes as you feast your eyes on the impressively decorated rooms of a monument tied to the history of Rome!
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
With your Vatican Museums audio tour you’ll delve into the secrets of the world’s most visited museum. It is an unmissable opportunity for history buffs, art enthusiasts and religious pilgrims to admire the treasures of the Vatican and experience the unique beauty of Raphael’s Rooms, the Sistine Chapel and the Gallery of Maps among other fascinating attractions.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
Rome historic city center tour
Of course, there is no better way to immerse yourself into Rome than walking through its cobbled streets and sun-washed piazzas listening to a fun and informative audio tour that will take you to all the highlights of the Eternal City, such as the Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona & the Pantheon.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7/1/2020 - 10/21/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Sistine Chapel, 00120, Vatican City
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- This is a combination of 5 downloadable self-guided audio tours for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please consider that admission fees are not included and that Viator voucher is not your entry ticket
- Please book per device to be used, not per participant
- After booking, you’ll receive an email through Viator from our local supplier, Clio Muse Tours with further instructions about your audio tours. Please check your email spam folder as well
- Please note that you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space on your phone (400 MB)
- Keep in mind that internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak in the archaeological site. So please download the mobile app and your audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- The audio tours can be used repeatedly.Use your headphones to best enjoy them.
- Please consider that large backpacks and bulky bags/ luggage are not allowed in the archaeological sites
- For safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3.000 people at once
- Shoulders and knees must be covered to comply with the Vatican dress code
- Parts of the Vatican Museums, covered by the audio tour, the Pio Clementine Gallery, the Gallery of the Candelabras, the Borgia Apartments and the Contemporary Art Collection, in particular, are not wheelchair accessible
- Also please note that not all parts of the Castel Sant’ Angelo are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Non refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.