Rotterdam & The Harbor - Corona-Proof Small Public Group Tour from Amsterdam
Visit Rotterdam, an important sea port city that is (inter)nationally known as a city of innovative architecture. In May 1940 the city center was heavily bombed, and the city was redesigned instead of rebuilt as it once was. Now, a new city has arisen.
The drive takes about 1hr. Upon arrival, set off on a private guided 1hr walking tour. Pass by the Old Harbor with its historical ships and the ‘forest’ of 38 cube-shaped apartments on hexagonal pylons. Look inside one of them and see its architectural oddities. The tour ends at the market hall, one of the city’s signature buildings, where you have some personal time before making the 15-min transfer to the river. Enjoy a 75-min cruise through the harbor and be amazed by the impressive skyline, unique views of yards, docks and the ultramodern handling of thousands of containers. After the cruise you are dropped off at the same place as where you started the tour.
***Winner Netherlands Prestige Awards: 'Tour Operator of the Year'***
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Comfortable air-conditioned transportation from Amsterdam Central Station
- Private guide for the day
- Live-guided walking tour of Rotterdam in English, ending at the market hall
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly, works also with hearing aids
- 75-min harbor cruise (commentary on DVD in German, English and French)
- All taxes, commissions and handling charges
- Corona-proof off-the-beaten path experience
- Entry/Admission - Kijk-Kubus
- Entry/Admission - Spido Havenrondvaarten
What's excluded :
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Amsterdam, Amsterdam, North Holland Province
Meet your guide at Amsterdam Central Station or opt for hotel pick-up in Amsterdam for the small public group tour to Rotterdam.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Centraal Station, Stationsplein 9, 1012 AB Amsterdam The Netherlands
The small public group tour departs from Amsterdam Central Station. You can add hotel pick-up to your booking if you're too far out from the station.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Rotterdam, Rotterdam, South Holland Province
Discover Rotterdam with a walking tour, ending at the famous markt hal where you have some free time.
Continue to the river, where you embark a boat for a 75-min journey through the harbor of Rotterdam, one of the largest sea ports in the world.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Oudehaven, 3011 WB Rotterdam, Netherlands
Pass by the old harbor during the walking tour
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kijk-Kubus, Overblaak 70, 3011 MH Rotterdam The Netherlands
Visit one of these cube-houses and see for yourself how it looks like on the inside
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Markthal, Dominee Jan Scharpstraat 298, 3011 GZ Rotterdam The Netherlands
Visit the market hall and enjoy some free time.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Spido Havenrondvaarten, Willemsplein 7, 3016 DR Rotterdam, Netherlands
Enjoy a 75-min cruise during the harbor of Rotterdam
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Departure Point :De Ruijterkade 10A, 1011 AA Amsterdam, Netherlands
Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any address in the city Amsterdam. Pick-up is between 9:00 and 9:30 am. The exact time is communicated by 6:00 pm, the day before the tour.Ports
- Ocean Cruise Terminal or river cruise port
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age for participation on this tour is 8 years. We recommend to book the private tour to Rotterdam if you travel with children younger than 8 years or if you stay outside Amsterdam.
- Exact pick up time (if hotel pick up & drop off is booked) is communicated by 6 pm, the day before the tour.
- Seating rows in the vehicle are separated by transparant screens. Travelers sit by themselves or with their travel companion;
- The max number of participants in this tour is reduced to maximum two travel parties: one travel party per row in the vehicle - a travel party is a solo traveler, a couple / duo
- Travelers must use the provided anti-bacterial hand gel and undergo a temperature check before boarding the vehicle;
- While in the vehicle travelers must wear the provided face mask covering mouth and nose;
- We sanitize our vehicles before, during and after each tour, incl. door handles, arm rests, seat belts, headrests and handles;
- During the tour a 1.5 meter distance from one another is maintained. As we use a tour guide whisper system, travelers can wander off and still hear the guide clearly;
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks provided for travelers
- - Social distancing throughout the tour, incl in the vehicle - Unfortunately we don't have the technology for contactless gratuity but you can leave something for your guide on your seat!
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.