Route of the Salter Full Day Private Tour from Lisbon
Discover the day-to-day of the Salter in the extraction of one of the indispensable ingredients for the kitchen, Salt.
The Natural Salinas of Rio Maior are located 90 km from Lisbon, being inserted in the heart of the Natural Park of Serras de Aire and Candeeiros. Surrounded by trees and farmland, they are considered a natural wonder, as the sea is 30 km away.
The salt water comes from an extensive and deep rock salt mine that dates back 205 million years ago, which is crossed by an underground stream of fresh water that makes it salty. The complex presents itself as a small village of stone streets and wooden houses, next to which the curious tanks of irregular shapes and dimensions stand out, which from spring fill with saltwater giving rise to white salt pyramids.
Come and discover with us the daily life of Salineiro and learn from this professional some techniques still used today in the process of collecting artisanal salt.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Especialized Guide / Monitoring services of a Salter
- Free Wi-Fi on board
- Pickup and drop-off at hotel/accommodation in Lisbon
- Private transportation
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Any additional expenses not covered and agreed in advance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Estrela d'Alva Tours - Day Tours, Avenida da Republica 97 R/C, Lisbon 1050-190 Portugal
Avoid the stress of traveling by public transport or a shared tour and choose the comfort and safety in the company of your private guide who will pick you up at your hotel in a comfortable vehicle with the Clean & Safe Seal guarantee.
Travel time from Lisbon to Salinas of Rio Maior is approximately 1h10min (90km)
Duration: 1 hour 10 minutes
Stop At: Salinas de Rio Maior, Estrada Principal, Rio Maior 2040-133 Portugal
The Salinas of Rio Maior are the result of a whim of nature. A salina source of salt mine, extensive and deep, crossed by an underground stream, feeds a well from which water is extracted seven times saltier than the Atlantic Ocean. The oldest document known is dated 1177, but it is thought that the use of rock salt would is made since pre-history.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup and drop-off at Hotels/Accommodations in LisbonThe driver/guide uses identification with his name and that of our company through a badgeOther departure locations are available upon request, however, an additional fee may apply. Please consult us so that we can assess this situation.Airports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
- Lisbon Cruise Port - Jardim do Tabaco Quay, Doca Jardim do Tabaco Terminal de Cruzeiros de Lisboa, Av. Infante Dom Henrique, 1100-651 Lisboa, Portugal
- Cruise Terminal / Gare Marítima de Alcântara, Doca Alcântara 1350, 1350 Lisboa, Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Instant Confirmation
- Other departure locations are available upon request
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Folding Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- For yours and the drivers safety our vehicles are equipped with acrylic separators between the driver/guide front seat and the passenger compartment. Your tour is carried out in a 9 seat minivan, being private (family/friends) and therefore the maximum capacity of the vehicle is 6 passengers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.