Route of the Sillar, Valley and Volcanoes
Route of the Sillar, Viewpoints of the Valley and Volcanoes
We enter in the middle of huge volcanic stone farellones 30 meters high carved "to combo and chisel", colonial facades and carvings. Here we will have an illustrious moment with the master stonecutters, known as "cutters". They will reveal their live work techniques so that later we can do it with our own hands.
We will see giant block falls and the wonderful experience of watching small blocks of ashlar made using ancestral instruments used from generation to generation.
Heading to the Mirador de Carmen Alto !!!
We will visit the traditional and unmissable viewpoints of Arequipa, Mirador de Carmen Alto to appreciate the Chilina Valley and our 3 volcanoes, Chachani, Misti and Pichupichu.
The second viewpoint is in Yanahuara. Here we will eat rich traditional desserts and buy unique handmade souvenirs in the square.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up from the hotel
- Entrance Tickets
- Payment to the Quarry Master
- Typical dessert
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Canteras de sillar Añashuayco
- Entry/Admission - Mirador Carmen Alto
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Canteras de sillar Añashuayco, Cerro Colorado District 04017, Peru
Stunning giant carved white volcanic stone
Sillar quarry exploration
Speech by the stonemasons about the ancient art of volcanic stone extraction
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mirador Carmen Alto, Arequipa Peru
Privileged viewpoint of the Chilina Valley and the local volcanoes, Misti, Chachani and Pichu Pichu
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Yanahuara, Suburb of Arequipa, Arequipa Peru
Traditional neighborhood of Yanahuara
Yanahuara Tourist Viewpoint
Tasting of Typical Dessert
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Calle Zela 301, Arequipa 04001, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Tell me the address of your hotel or lodging to pick you up (Only if it is within the historic center, if not, should you approach the starting point)
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.