Rovaniemi: Vaattunkiköngäs Nature Trail Hiking Tour
Experience the beauty and tranquility of the Lappish nature on an easy or moderate hiking in Vaattunki nature hiking trails, located 20 km from Rovaniemi. Once there, your guide will evaluate the most suitable length of the track, therefore, the hiking adventure is suitable for families with children, too. Vaattunki trail is an excellent place to feel closer to the nature and inhale the spirit of Finnish Lapland. Your guide will prepare warm snacks and drinks by the open fire, while sharing stories about the local life.
Here you can cross the Arctic Circle and experience the wilds of Lapland just outside Rovaniemi. The hiking area is made up of several parts which are in their natural state and very wilderness-like. In these areas visitors can become acquainted with the region's typical plant and animal species. The moose, reindeer, fox, hare and squirrel are the mammals most common in the area, but the pine marten, stoat, mink and otter have also been seen there!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Snacks - Sausages (vegetarian/vegan alternative upon request) and beverages by open fire.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Arctic Circle Wilderness Resort, Vaattunkikönkääntie 219, 96900 Rovaniemi, Finland
Different hiking trails. They will have chance experience beauty of Lappish nature, try some local berries straight from forest and have BBQ.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from and drop off to accommodation (city center area of Rovaniemi).
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.