Roving Whale and Seabird Safari from Tromso
Take to the waves and take in Norway’s native marine life by boat on this roving whale and seabird safari from Tromsø. Buses take you to the most currently active whale watching site to join your boat and get up close with the whales. Enjoy the magnificent mountain and seascapes while listening as a guide sheds light on the different fish and whale species thriving in the nutrient-rich waters. Spot inquisitive humpback and killer whales, look out for bird life such as sea eagles, and frame all the action through the lens of your camera. With outdoor decking and indoor seating on board your boat, enjoy an up-close experience with Norway’s native wildlife.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bus transfers
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Season 2017-2018 is shaking up what we know about the whale migration in Norway. Predictable patterns of the last 5 years can't be relied on, so we gather the best local information to know where to go to find the whales, and get you into the heart of the action.
Buses will take you to the best whale viewing site where you transfer to your boat, hit the water and get up close and personal with the whales.
The bus ride will take you overland on an adventure of its own. During the polar winter, while it's dark enough to spot the aurora borealis at almost any time of day, it's still light enough around solar maximum for the light to cast an ethereal glow over the landscape. The Blue Arctic Light hours.
Board a safari boat and listen to your guide’s commentary about the different fish and whale species that thrive in waters that are filled with herring and plankton.
The coast of Tromsø in northern Norway is widely considered among the best areas in the world for spotting whales. You’ll be on the lookout for inquisitive humpback and killer whales swimming and feeding, and for birds such as sea eagles, gulls, guillimots, eider ducks and cormorants.
Frame all the action through the lens of your camera. With outdoor decking and indoor seating on board the heated boat, you can enjoy an up-close experience with Norway’s native wildlife.
Departure Point :Scandic Ishavshotel
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Polar Adventures