Royal Gorge Loop Half Day Jeep Tour
This breathtaking 3.5 hour tour literally puts you on the edge of one of Colorado’s most picturesque attractions. Look down into the breathtaking Royal Gorge as this tour takes you over America’s highest suspension bridge nearly 1000 feet above the Arkansas River. Exclusive access through the south entrance to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park and to the top of Fremont Peak allow you to see and experience true Colorado beauty. Pass through a cemetery that is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places, view dinosaur footprints, and commonly see Colorado wildlife.
This scenic tour is just one of the amazing locations we visit from our office in Cañon City. If this tour doesn't meet your needs, we most likely have one that does. We offer tours and packages from 3 hours to all day. Be sure to see our other listings for more options.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Royal Gorge Bridge and Park
- Entry/Admission - Colorado Jeep Tours
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Gorge Bridge and Park, 4218 County Road 3a, Canon City, CO 81212-3663
Look down into the breathtaking Royal Gorge as this tour takes you over America’s highest suspension bridge nearly 1000 feet above the Arkansas River. Exclusive access through the south entrance to the Royal Gorge Bridge and Park and to the top of Fremont Peak allow you to see and experience true Colorado beauty.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Skyline Drive, Canon City, CO
Skyline Drive is a scenic roadway in Cañon City, Colorado. It was built by inmate labor in 1905. The road starts from U.S. Highway 50, with a gradual incline up the side of a ridge. When the road crests, it winds, climbs, and falls like a roller coaster until near its end, where a scenic outlook overlooks both the city (east) and the highway (west).
The single-lane, one-way road rises about 800 feet above the surrounding terrain. There are no guardrails despite sharp drop offs, and the drive is about 3 miles long.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Temple Canyon Park, Canon City, CO
Temple Canyon road winds over the Royal Gorge anticline through the ancient hunting grounds of the Ute tribe. The canyon road passes "The Temple" but you have to know where to look. Fossils can be seen along the road with other geological wonders.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Colorado Jeep Tours, 2320 E Main St, Cañon City, CO 81212, USA
Colorado Jeep Tours offers high quality, scenic, and informative off-road jeep tours based from Cañon City. Our interpretive tours of the Royal Gorge, Red Canyon, and the historic gold mining district of Cripple Creek and Victor offer a variety of information including western history, geology, paleontology and more while traveling some of the most beautiful trails in south/central Colorado.
Our professionally-driven guided tours offer a fun and interesting way to see and learn about the Royal Gorge region, and they are enjoyed by people of all ages. Cañon City is located about 45 minutes from Colorado Springs or Pueblo, and 2 hours from Denver, so we’re an easy day-trip from many front range cities.
We offer 1/2 day and full day jeep-only trips (starting at 3 hours), and full-day combo packages with rafting, the Royal Gorge Bridge, wine tasting, the Royal Gorge Route Railroad, and zip-lining over the Royal Gorge.
READY TO JEEP? LET’S GO!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :2315 E Main St, Cañon City, CO 81212, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- CANCELLATION POLICY:
- Please be sure to confirm your travel plans to Canon City before making a reservation for our jeep tours. Due to the very limited seating on the custom vehicles, payment in full is due at the time of the booking, and reservations made through TripAdvisor cannot be changed or cancelled once confirmed. Our cancellation policy is a 100% cancellation fee, meaning there are no refunds once a tour is booked. If you have questions about this, please visit the Colorado Jeep Tours website's FAQ page or call Colorado Jeep Tours before booking a tour.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.