Royal London with Changing of the Guard Private Car Tour
Your day begins with a relaxing panoramic drive through London with your expert tour guide. Along the way, your guide will regale you with interesting stories and facts about London's long history. On this scenic journey through the city, you will see all of London's most iconic sights, including Westminster Abbey, the iconic Elizabeth Tower, also known as 'Big Ben' and much, much more!
Changing of the Guard Ceremony*
At Buckingham Palace, we will stop to watch a ceremony that is the epitome of the pomp and pageantry for which Britain is famous for around the world. Elite soldiers from the British military, also known as the Household Division, have been dutifully guarding the monarch since 1660.
During the ceremony, immaculately turned out guards from the New Guard arrive to assume responsibility for protecting Buckingham Palace. Accompanied by a regimental marching band, the soldiers of the Household Division are instantly recognisable in their bearskin caps and scarlet tunics.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Expert Drive Guide or separate Tour Guide & chauffeur (based on option selected)
- Travel in a Mercedes E class or V class
- Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace or Horse Guards Parade
- Panoramic tour of London, including Parliament Square, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Pick-up & Drop-off from your chosen location (Zones 1-3) in London
What's excluded :
- Pick-up & Drop-off from outside London Zone 3
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
Buckingham Palace has served as the official London residence of the UK's sovereigns since 1837 and today is the administrative headquarters of the Monarch.
Pass By: St. James's Park, Horse Guards Road The Storeyard, London SW1A 2BJ England
St James’s Park includes The Mall and Horse Guards Parade, and is surrounded by landmarks such as Buckingham Palace, Clarence House and Whitehall.
Stop At: Changing of the Guard, Constitution Hill Buckingham Palace, London SW1A 1AA England
The epitome of British pomp and military ceremony for which Britain is famous around the world. Elite soldiers from the military have been dutifully guarding the Monarch since 1660. The 7 regiments that guard the monarch, known as the 'Household Division', are so devoted to their duty that they will famously not acknowledge or allow themselves to be distracted by the public.
During the ceremony, immaculately turned out guards are accompanied by marching bands playing a rousing mix of military music, whose origins dates back to the morale-boosting songs played before the British military went into battle. If there is no changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, we will see the change of the Horse Guards at Horse Guards Parade.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Westminster Abbey, 20 Dean's Yard Broad Sanctuary, London SW1P 3PA England
The Abbey has been the coronation church since 1066, and is the final resting place of 17 monarchs. The church we see today was begun by Henry III in 1245. It’s one of the most important Gothic buildings in the country, and has the medieval shrine of an Anglo-Saxon saint at its heart.
Pass By: Houses of Parliament, Parliament Square, London SW1A 0AA England
Parliament is made up of the House of Commons and House of Lords. It is responsible for making laws, deciding taxes and scrutinising the Government.
Pass By: Big Ben, Parliament Sqaure Elizabeth Tower - Houses of Parliament, Westminster, London SW1A 0AA England
Big Ben is the nickname for the Great Bell of the clock at the north end of the Palace of Westminster in London and is usually extended to refer to both the clock and the clock tower.
Pass By: Trafalgar Square, Centre of the City, London SW1A England
Trafalgar Square is a public square in the City of Westminster, Central London, built around the area formerly known as Charing Cross. Its name commemorates the Battle of Trafalgar, a British naval victory in the Napoleonic Wars with France and Spain that took place on 21 October 1805 off the coast of Cape Trafalgar.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact the supplier for pick up and drop off location in London (within Zone 1-3) by time of booking or at least 5-7 days prior to your travel/service date of tour, if you can. Tour departs at approx. 9am (meeting at 8.45am)Please note that you must contact us in advance to arrange your hotel pick up & drop off location in order to redeem your tour.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- There will be no Changing of the Guard until further notice
- Child seat (age 2-9 years) is available on a request basis
- Prices are based on departing and returning to a London location within Zones 1-3. Departures and drop offs in Zones 4-6 or in any of the following postcodes can also be arranged at an additional charge of £60 per booking for: UB, HA, WD, EN, IG, RM, DA, BR, CR, SM, KT and TW.
- Prices quoted are based on E-Class Mercedes-Benz or V-Class Mercedes-Benz based on the number of people travelling.
- On certain days where there is no changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, we will instead see the ceremony at Horse Guards Parade. On rare occasions if there is no Guard Change at either location, we will spend extra time on another part of the itinerary in the same area (flexible on the day).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers required to bring face coverings spare masks will be available/ Personal audio headsets provided to maintain distancing / Inclusions vetted to ensure they adhere to safety measures / E-tickets only no paper tickets / Staff newly trained in safety measures
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.