Royal Surrey Helicopter Tour
Sit back and relax as we take you on the Royal Surrey Tour! This fantastic trip takes you over the beautiful Surrey countryside and combines scenic country views with historic buildings. Flight time is approximately 20-25 minutes, air traffic allowing.
per adult from
20 to 25 minutes
What's included :
- Helicopter tour - including hire of whole helicopter
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- When you arrive with us, enjoy the warm and friendly atmosphere as you look across amazing views of a busy airfield. Before taking your flight, you'll take part in a short safety briefing with one of our Commercial Pilots. Then you’ll be ready for your Exclusive Tour by helicopter.
You leave the airport for an aerial view of Redhill and Reigate as you head towards Box Hill, a famous beauty spot. Box Hill overlooks the Mole Gap where the River Mole breaks through the line of the North Downs. It is the scene of the famous picnic in Jane Austen’s “Emma”. You then continue westwards over the largest vineyard in England, Denbie’s. Turning north west towards Polesden Lacey the National Trust Georgian mansion that was the honeymoon retreat for King George VI and Queen Elizabeth.
Continuing north west you will over fly the Royal Horticultural Society building and flagship gardens at Wisley and the state of the art glass houses. You then proceed to Clandon Park, which was built circa 1730 for the 2nd Lord Onslow by Venetian architect Giacomo Leoni. One of the country’s most complete example of a Palladian mansion.
Finally you turn east to look at Albury Park Mansion the magnificent Grade II listed Tudor Mansion with 19th Century additions is one of Surrey’s most important and prestigious country houses. Albury Park Mansion is renowned for its great architecture, first by Sir John Soane and later by Augustus Pugin, who designed the 66 different chimneys that are a compelling feature of the house today.
Returning over Dorking on route back to the airfield will normally afford views over the London skyline and the busy Gatwick Airport, then it’s back to Redhill Aerodrome.
The Exclusive Flight is for hire of the whole helicopter, the aircraft will carry up to 3 passengers (R44) or up to 4 passengers (EC120) plus your Professional Pilot. The Pilot will provide helpful commentary along the way while talking to Air Traffic Control.
The total flight time is estimated at 20-25 minutes, but we recommend allowing an hour for the whole experience with us.
Departure Point :Redhill Aerodrome, Redhill RH1 5YP, UK
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date.
- Flights are subject to suitable weather conditions. In the event of unsuitable weather, you will be offered an alternative date.
- All passengers must have photographic ID with them for the day of the flight
- Due to comfort and weight / balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 15 Stone (95 Kg) should contact the carrier before booking.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Flight departure times are subject to availability. Our flights usually operate between 10:00am and 4:00pm on a daily basis.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Full details of Covid-19 safety measures will be supplied upon booking.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.