Þórsmörk, Super Jeep private tour
Available - All year - every day as a private tour.Pick up at 09.00 Duration 8-9 hours Thorsmörk, Glaciers, volcanos, River crossing, Hikes, Waterfalls, Canyons, Seljalandsfoss waterfall. Pick up from Selfoss, Hella, Hvolsvöllur or Seljalandsfoss waterfall available
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thórsmörk, Iceland
Destination of the day is Þórsmörk – English spelling Thorsmork, the “Woods of Thor the Thundergod”. It's where the Icelanders traditionally go themselves to get away from it all. Guarding Þórsmörk nature reserve from unwanted traffic are several streams and glacial rivers cutting the rough track. Crossing requires caution. And specially modified vehicles of course. First highlight of the day is the powerfully beautiful Seljalandsfoss waterfall, a good 60 meters of constant rush. Conditions permitting, how about a walk around it – yes, you can go behind Seljalandsfoss. Soon after the road starts disintegrating and nature takes over your senses. Bordering Þórsmörk nature reserve to the south is the famously ash-spewing volcano Eyjafjallajökull, topped by glacial ice and snow. Amongst numerous places of interest on our route is the Gígjökull glacier lagoon which is actually off the maps now. In 2010 it disappeared under volcanic rubble in a catastrophic flood of glacial melt and debris, caused by the Eyjafjallajökull eruption. Where we go in the Þórsmörk Nature Reserve depends from day to day on weather and other conditions, but canyons, woodlands and caves are ideal settings for short walks.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Reykjavik, Reykjavik, Capital Region
Traveler pickup is offered
Where do you want to start the tour ?
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.