Ruins of Mehrauli along with Qutub Minar
An educative tour which helps you to unravel the various historical layers of Delhi. Witness the plenty of monuments & ruins lying buried over there belonging to various era’s.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Jamali Kamali Tomb and Mosque
- Entry/Admission - Tomb of Balban
- Entry/Admission - Rajon Ki Baoli
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jamali Kamali Tomb and Mosque, Mehrauli Archaeological Park, New Delhi, New Delhi India
Around 0800-0900hrs a personal guide immersed in the history, geography and culture of the Qutub Minar and the adjoining heritage ruins the Mehrauli will you give brief history about the tour. Then we shall proceed towards the “Qutub Minar” complex. This UNESCO World Heritage site is home to a number of beautiful monuments in red sandstone – including the world’s tallest tower to be constructed during medieval times.
Later we shall proceed towards ruins of “Mehrauli Archeological park”. This tour will introduce you to Delhi’s fascinating layers of history. We will be delving through centuries of the capital’s past, and revealing the stories that lie behind its ancient monuments.
Below are the important ruins which we will cover :
JAMALI KAMALI MOSQUE : The tomb belonged to a saint along with huge following. In its early years to become a Sufi saint, he went all over the world, made version of poems in the Lodi kingdom.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Tomb of Balban, Near Archaeological Survey Park, New Delhi 110002 India
METCALF CANOPY : perched On the peak of a mound stands canopy built in 1850s by Charles Metcalfe, as a ‘folly’. The folly is so a new building meant to look like old and to be viewed in a picturesque landscape.
hexagonal structure is unremarkable.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Rajon Ki Baoli, Mehrauli Archaeological Park, New Delhi 110030 India
RAJON KEE BAOLI: This baoli is named Rajon ki Baoli after masons who resided in the chambers. The baoli has a vertical shaft for drawing water and hollow passageways.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Qutub Minar Metro Station, Aam Bagh, Ladha Sarai Village, Mehrauli, New Delhi, Delhi 110030, India
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveller
- Hotel /airport pickup and drop-off can be arranged on prior intimation at Extra price on cost to cost basis.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.