Ruins of Pompeii & Stunning Sorrento Coastline: Day Trip by High-Speed Train
Discover the past and present of life on Italy’s Mediterranean coast, in the only tour that includes both Pompeii and Sorrento. Travelling by high-speed rail and private bus, you’ll tour the haunting ruins of Pompeii, preserved for hundreds of years under volcanic ash. Then travel back to the land of the living to explore Sorrento, gateway to the picturesque Amalfi Coast, and enjoy a taste of locally produced limoncello.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Audio-headset in Pompeii
- Limoncello tasting
- Small group tour
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
Just an hour after departing Rome by high speed train, your local guide will greet you on the platform in Naples. From here it’s a short trip in a plush private bus to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii, a once-bustling port city buried for hundreds of years under a blanket of volcanic ash. A specially licensed Pompeii guide will take you on a 2-hour tour of this fascinating archaeological site. With homes and places of work all frozen in time, just as they were when Mt. Vesuvius erupted and annihilated the city, it’s an incredible window into ordinary Italian life centuries ago.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sorrento Coast, Via Nastro Verde, 21, 80067 Sorrento NA, Italy
After a short break for coffee and souvenir shopping, the bus will take you to Sorrento, gateway to the dazzling Amalfi Coast. On the way, your local guide will fill you in on the seaside city’s history as a prime vacation spot for Roman Emperors and offer tips on how to spend your time in town. Wander the ancient alleys and check out the local shops or relax in a café and enjoy the view out over the peaceful Bay of Naples. Then rejoin your guide to sample some locally produced limoncello and learn how this sweet liqueur is produced. You’ll be back in Rome in time to enjoy the evening, enriched with the vitality of the Italian coastal life and its evolution over time.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Piazza dei Cinquecento, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :Roma Termini, Piazza dei Cinquecento, 1, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Water, sunscreen and hat are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.