Rumi Route: An audio tour into Rumi's world of Sufism, dervishes and reed flutes
The Rumi Route is a self guided audio tour that gives insight into Rumi's life and times by touching on the Seljuk era, the city of Konya, the Whirling Dervish, Anatolian carpets, Sufi music - and Seljuk Cuisine. The Sufi mystic Jalāl ad-Dīn Muhammad Rūmī, usually referred to as Rumi in the West, spent most of his adult life in Konya during the 13th century. Following in his father's footsteps, Rumi became a scholar. His friendship with Shams e Tabrizi inspired a phenomenal output of poetry; his major contribution lies in Islamic philosophy and Tasawwof (Sufism).
per adult from
30 to 45 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: İplikçi Camii, Şükran, Emir Pervane Sk., 42200 Meram/Konya, Turkey
The tour passes by İplikçi Camii.
Pass By: Shams of Tabriz Masjid and Tomb, Şemsitebrizi, Şems Cd., 42030 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
The tour stops briefly in front of the Shams of Tabriz Masjid and Tomb.
Pass By: Şerafettin Türbesi, Şemsitebrizi, Şerafettin Cami, 42030 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
The tour passes by the Şerafettin Türbesi.
Pass By: Kapı Camii, Şükran, Tevfikiye Cad., 42040 Merkez/Meram/Konya, Turkey
The tour passes by Kapı Camii.
Pass By: Azizia Mosque, Aziziye, Selimiye Cd. 9 B, 42030 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
The tour passes by the Azizia Mosque.
Pass By: Aziziye, Selimiye Cami, 42030 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
The tour passes by the Sultan Selim Mosque.
Pass By: Mevlana Muzesi, Mevlana Cd. No:1, Konya 42030 Turkey
The tour passes by Mevlana Museum.
Pass By: Tarihi Konya Köşkü, Akçeşme, Piri Esat Cd. No. 5, 42020 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
The tour ends near Konya Kitchen.
Departure Point :Şemsitebrizi, Mevlana Cd. No:11, 42030 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/24/2020 - 10/23/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Tarihi Konya Köşkü, Akçeşme, Piri Esat Cd. No. 5, 42020 Karatay/Konya, Turkey
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.