Rural Myanmar and Pottery Tour from Yangon
Experience rural Myanmar on a 5–6-hour tour from Yangon, and visit pottery studios, pagodas and vibrant neighborhood markets. Cross the tidal Twante Canal alongside fishermen and riverboats and explore a renowned potters’ village; explore artisans’ studios and shops then try your hand at the local craft. Climb to the gleaming spires of the hilltop Shwesandaw Pagoda, enjoy lunch at a local restaurant and explore a bustling produce market before boarding a return ferry to Yangon.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Personal Fees and Tip
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon (Rangoon), Yangon Region
In the morning, meet your guide at a central meeting point in Yangon, and take a short walk to the river to catch the public ferry. The 10-minute ferry ride on the Twante Canal provides an excellent opportunity to glimpse daily life on the water, with photo ops galore. You might see small wooden boats where fishermen haul in their catches, larger boats transporting cargo to the city and kids playing in riverside villages. When you disembark, take either a private taxi or truck taxi through the countryside to the town of Twante, which is known for its pottery. Stop by local artisans' workshops to see their crafts and observe how they work with traditional tools and kilns. If you wish, you may participate in a hands-on lesson in traditional pottery methods. Next, walk uphill with your guide for about 20 minutes to reach Shwesandaw Pagoda, a 250-foot (76-meter) stupa that is said to be 2,500 years old. A 100-year-old Mandalay-style bronze Buddha statue sits inside, along with several other Buddha statues. You have probably worked up an appetite by now, so head to a popular local restaurant that specializes in vegetarian cuisine, and tuck into a tasty lunch. Afterward, you have time to explore the local market with your guide who shares informative commentary about the people and history of the area. After a stroll around town, return to the ferry to head back to Yangon. As you cruise along the river, your guide points out notable landmarks until you reach the dock in Yangon, where your tour ends.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.