Rural Village with Ox Cart Journey & Monk Blessing
Ox-cart Tour provide amazing opportunity to see glimpses of rural lifestyle, get to know more about Cambodian culture, customs and friendly locals. The traditional ox cart has been an important part featuring about Cambodian culture dating back to hundreds of years. Until the present, oxcart is still used to transport goods, stacks of thatches, sacks of rice from the one place to others. Apart from using ox cart to carry stuff, it brings an attractive adventure to tourists who wish to see charming Cambodia. Rural Village with Ox Cart Journey & Monk Blessing will give you a fantastic memorable experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation in private air-conditioned vehicles
- English speaking guide
- Cold water on tour
- Ox-cart riding fee
What's excluded :
- Tips for guide and driver
- Other personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Siem Reap Province, Siem Reap Province
Join our experience guide on a journey out of Siem Reap to a rural village to experience a local mode of transport. We head to local Village, a traditional community surrounded by rice fields. Travel through the dirt roads by ox cart. The ox cart has been an important mode of transport and means for transiting goods for hundreds of years. This is a unique way of discovering village life and Cambodian culture.
While at the local Village, we stop by the local market to observe daily shopping habits and see the exotic fruits and foods. See the village’s traditional stilted homes before we pass through the countryside and rice fields on this rural excursion. Back to town and travel to one of Siem Reap’s beautiful temples for a cultural immersion experience. The pagoda is a picturesque image of Buddhist culture. Your guide will provide you with incense and candle sticks to bring to the pagoda where you will participate in a private blessing ceremony performed by local resident monks who reside at the temple.
Sat on the floor of the temple, the monks chant blessings for good luck, sprinkling you will holy water – a traditional way which is believe to pass on the good luck of the gods. A sacred thread is tied to your wrist to product you from evil spirits and accidents, guarding you as you continue on your travels. Before you continue on your journey, you will receive a small keepsake from the monks to remind you of this special moment.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up Time: 08:00am from your accommodation in Siem Reap CityPlease be on time for the pick-up at your hotel lobby
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Revealing clothes such as shorts and skirts above the knees and bare shoulders are prohibited in sacred places and temples.
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.