Rustaveli Avenue: Roam down Tbilisi's historic main street on an audio tour
Humor and history, what more can you ask for in a self-guided audio tour? Discover how Tbilisi's main street, Rustaveli, was shaped by the tsars, Stalin, and the modern era. You'll find the first new-wave coffee shop in Tbilisi, the best beer garden in town, and the building that started the renaissance of revamping worn-out Soviet edifices.
This tour is a priceless introduction to Tbilisi and is great whether you're a fresh arrival or even a long-term resident, as you'll no doubt discover something new. Some of the highlights include:
• Find out where the Soviets crushed a democratic protest
• How Stalin robbed a bank to fund the Communist revolution
• Where Stalin went to seminary
• See a modern hotel built from the gravestones of an Armenian cemetery
• Find out what the area around Freedom Square was first famous for
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Tbilisi Concert Hall, 1 Petre Melikishvili St., Tbilisi 0179 Georgia
The tour starts outside the Tbilisi Event Hall.
Pass By: Shota Rustaveli Statue, Rustaveli Avenue, Tbilisi Georgia
The tour makes a brief stop outside the Shota Rustaveli Monument.
Pass By: Georgian National Academy of Sciences, 52 Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour passes through the Georgian National Academy of Sciences.
Pass By: Cafe Gallery Club, 34 Alexander Griboedov St., Tbilisi 0108 Georgia
The tour passes by the Cafe Gallery.
Pass By: The Biltmore Tbilisi Hotel, 29 Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour passes by The Biltmore Tbilisi Hotel.
Pass By: Prospero's Books & Caliban's Coffee, Rustaveli Ave 34, Tbilisi Georgia
The tour passes by Prospero's Books.
Pass By: Moma Tbilisi, 27 Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour passes by the Moma Tbilisi
Pass By: Tbilisi Opera and Ballet State Theatre, 25 Shota Rustaveli Ave, Tbilisi 0108 Georgia
The tour passes by the Opera and Ballet Theatre of Tbilisi.
Pass By: SHOTA RUSTAVELI THEATER AND FILM GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY, 19, Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour passes by the SHOTA RUSTAVELI THEATER AND FILM GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY.
Pass By: The National Gallery, 11 Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour passes by The National Gallery.
Pass By: Kashueti St. George Church, 9 Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi 0108, Georgia
The tour passes by the Kashueti St. George Church
Pass By: Liberty Square, Rustaveli Avenue, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour passes by Liberty Square also known as Freedom Square
Pass By: Art Museum of Georgia, 2/4 Aleksandr Pushkin St, T'bilisi, Georgia
The tour ends outside the Art Museum of Georgia.
Departure Point :Tbilisi Event Hall, Merab Kostava St, T'bilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/14/2020 - 1/10/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Art Museum of Georgia, 2/4 Aleksandr Pushkin St, T'bilisi, Georgia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.