Rusty's Market Foodlovers Tour
If you're food obsessed, and like history too, you will love the Rusty's Market Food Lover's tour. We will sample foods (fresh and cooked), learn about the history of Rusty's, understand what makes tropical food unique, and get the insider's scoop on the best foods at Rusty's. Seven tastings of drinks as well as fresh and cooked foods are included.
The tour includes exploring the history of how Rusty's Market got started, from being in old Chinatown and hippies. The guide will also provide pointers to the best gourmet foods available in the markets and also the seasonal fruits.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - All drinks and food are vegetarian friendly. If you are a vegan, please notify us. We can seek options - they may not be available at every stall holder.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rusty's Market, 57-89 Grafton St, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Travelers will get a guided tour through Rusty's market with at least 7 food tastings (suitable for vegetarians). The history of Rusty's Market, including its founder Rusty Rees, will be explored. The history of the markets in the context of Chinatown history will be described. Travelers will hear about the passion behind the chefs/owners of the cooked food/drink and fresh produce stalls, meeting some of them and hearing about what goes into the food creations. Food tastings include a variety which could include fresh coconut, gourmet coffee, pastries, arancini balls, local honey, local in-season fruit, and sugar cane juice.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Rusty's Markets, 57-89 Grafton St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :74B Sheridan St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Baby carriers are recommended to make it easier to navigate through the aisles, if you have one.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.