Saba Day Trip from St Maarten
Named the 'Unspoiled Queen', Saba is an eco paradise and quite the getaway for avid divers, hikers and nature enthusiasts. She is as beautiful on top as she is underneath. The journey is 75-90 minutes, and docks in Fort Bay, the only proper access to the sea on Saba. Saba is sheer cliffs on all sides, and even the old slave path still remains where goods were offloaded for transport to the villages by donkey.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round Trip Ferry Transfers
- Hotel pickup and drop off (Tuesday through Friday and select hotels only)
- Port fee
- Alcoholic Beverages - beers, soda and water included on board
- Island Taxi Tour
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off (Saturday through Monday)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Scenery, Windwardside Saba
The hiking in Saba's rainforest is not to be missed with the main trail, Mt. Scenery, being the most popular. It is possible to stop at any point and return to Windwardside, or challenge the climb for the views from the top. The Saba Trail Shop asks a US$3 donation for the trail upkeep, and guests receive a trail badge.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fort Bay, Saba
Optional taxis meet the passengers at the boat, this area is called Fort Bay
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: The Bottom, Saba
First stop is a village called the Bottom, on up to Windwardside, where the trails start for hiking and tours continue over through Hells Gate with a look down to the airport, precariously balanced out on a lava overflow. Taxi tours are the only way to get up and into the island as the walk up from Fort Bay to The Bottom is vertical and strenuous. The views are spectacular. Drivers will stop at places of interest to take photos, and will let hikers out at the trail with arrangements to meet them for the return journey to Fort Bay.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Windwardside Saba
. It is possible to stop at any point and return to Windwardside, or challenge the climb for the views from the top. The Saba Trail Shop asks a US$3 donation for the trail upkeep, and guests receive a trail badge. Windwardside boasts great little restaurants for lunch. There are a few shops selling local crafts such as hand blown glass, jewelry and artwork. The villages are quaint with low built cottages all whitewashed with red and green roofs, tiny narrow roads and very friendly locals.
Stop At: Aqua Mania Adventures, Simpson Bay St Martin / St Maarten
The meeting point
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Saba Trail Shop, Windwardside Saba
the trails start for hiking and tours continue over through Hells Gate with a look down to the airport, precariously balanced out on a lava overflow.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kindly note our shuttle service is offered TUESDAYS to FRIDAYS ONLY.There are no shuttle services offered SUNDAYS, MONDAYS or SATURDAYS.Please take special note of the pick-up time for each hotel:We ask that you arrive 10 minutes prior to pick up time.Hotels Pick up Time: Place:Westin 7:25am Hotel EntranceOyster Bay 7.35am Hotel EntranceDivi 7:50am Hotel LobbyBellair 7:55am Hotel LobbySapphire 7.30am Hotel EntranceSonesta Maho 7.50am Lobby EntranceSonesta O.P 7.50am Lobby EntranceRoyal Islander 7.50am Lobby EntranceReturn point: Returns to original departure point [Simpson Bay Resort] at approximately 5:00pm
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- CHECK IN 1 HOUR BEFORE DEPARTURE TIME. Check in starts at 8:00am - closes at 8:30am
- You MUST have a valid passport is required on the day of travel. Please note: Passport CARD are NOT acceptable.
- Taxi rides are available to the start of the hiking trail
- NB: the hike during this tour is strenuous
- Hotel pickup service is only available from select hotels
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Due to St Maarten immigration procedures, on return to St Maarten all passengers will be required to hand their passports to the crew. Passports will be taken to clear immigration ahead of the group before the boat can dock and passengers disembark.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 62 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.