Sacred Mountain Nature Reserve
Sacred Mountain has great natural attractions; the main one is “Pozo Verde”, a volcanic lagoon with beautiful litmus tones, as well as exuberant areas of cloud forest, diversity of flora and fauna, important water sources, trails, ample parking and fresh air.
It should be noted that, in the Reserve, the appearance of the red bellied toad (Craugastor Scottish), a species believed to be extinct, has been reported again; In addition, there is a count of some 44 species of amphibians, 32 species of reptiles, 30 species of mammals, and 144 species of birds, highlighting the Quetzal, Goldfinch and the Pava of height, among others.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Lunch - No food or drink is included in the price. What is consumed in the restaurant must be paid additionally on site.
Sacred Mountain has great natural attractions; the main one is “Pozo Verde”, a volcanic lagoon with beautiful litmus tones, in addition to exuberant areas of cloud forest, diversity of flora and fauna, important water sources, 20 km of trails, ample parking and most importantly, fresh air.
Our trails have been designed so that the whole family can visit us, for this reason they have different levels of difficulty.
It should be noted that the appearance of the red bellied toad (Scottish Craugastor), a species believed to be extinct, has been reported; In addition, there is a count of about 44 species of amphibians, 32 species of reptiles, 30 species of mammals, and 144 species of birds.
It is recommended to start the walk in the early hours of the morning and come well sheltered since it is an area where low temperatures that range between 9 ℃ and 18 ℃ are common, you should bear in mind that normally we have the presence of rains so to walk on the trails it is necessary to use closed footwear or rubber boots, do not forget to bring pocho or cape, sunscreen and insect repellent.
Departure Point :Unnamed Road, Provincia de Alajuela, San Carlos, Costa Rica
Departure Time :4/14/2020 - 11/1/2021
Tuesday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 02:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In case of having any physical limitation or state of pregnancy to make the walk, you can wait for your family or friends in the restaurant and enjoy the beautiful landscape that the Cloud Forest offers in the Sacred Mountain Nature Reserve.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.