Saeva dupka and Ledenika Caves Day-Tour from Sofia
Explore two of the most interesting caves in Bulgaria with a one-day tour from Sofia.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Driver/guide in English
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop off
- Entry/Admission - Saeva Dupka
- Entry/Admission - Ledenika Cave
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Saeva Dupka, Yablanitsa, Lovech 5500 Bulgaria
Saeva Dupka Cave’s five halls and 400 metres of corridors offer some of the most beautiful cave formations in the country. The cave has hosted many choral music performances, thanks to the excellent acoustic conditions. Saeva dupka was named after two brothers, Seyu and Sae, who used it as a hiding place during the Ottoman occupation of Bulgaria. Recent excavations have shown the cave was inhabited since Roman times. Saeva dupka is one of the 100 Tourist Sites of Bulgaria.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ledenika Cave, Vratsa Bulgaria
Ledenika is a cave in the Northwestern parts of the Balkan Mountains, 16km away from the Bulgarian town of Vratsa, its entrance being at 830m above sea level. It features an abundance of galleries and impressive karst formations including stalactites and stalagmites, dating back a thousand years. The cave is about 300m long and contains ten separate halls. The biggest one is the Concert Hall. The way to it is through the Passage of Sinners. Only those whose heart is pure can pass through it. Once the cave was full of water but now only a small lake has remained - the Lake of Wishes. The legend says that if you dip your hand in the ice-cold water of the lake and make a wish, the wish will come true.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide the name and the address of your hotel/accommodation.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.