Safari Float in The Sarapiqui River
This half-day tour is the perfect scenic adventure for families with children over 4 years. The trip takes about 2-1/2 hours, depending on the amount of wildlife that can be found; a very casual and relaxing trip for the entire family.
During the tour you can see a variety of animals like howler monkeys, iguanas, sloths, alligators and many birds like tiger herons, toucans, hummingbirds, green macaws, scarlet macaws, and more.
Our certified and friendly guides will teach you how to properly paddle the raft and point out exciting flora and fauna along the way.
per adult from
What's included :
- Kayak and safety equipment rental
- Certified instructor/tour guide
- Transportation to and from our base sites to the paddling location
- Tropical fruit and tropical coconut cocktail
- Sugar cane tour
- Self-guided botanical tour
- Storage of your bags and luggage in our secure lockers/safe
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Photos (available for purchase after the tour)
- Meals (available for additional $7 for breakfast, $10 for lunch, $15 for dinner per person)
Soak up the scenery of the Sarapiqui River without facing the fury of the white-water rapids with a relaxing safari float. Wind your way downstream along the gentlest part of the river and soak up the scenery of the Sarapiqui canyon along the way. The leisurely pace is ideal for wildlife spotting so keep a look out for howler monkeys, iguanas, sloths and hummingbirds as you drift through the rainforest.
Best of all: this rafting tour is suitable for all abilities, including complete beginners, and anyone over 4 years old can take part! Great choice for families! Small-group tour ensures a personalized experience
• Sarapiqui River, Costa Rica
• Sarapiqui Outdoor Center, Mts Norte del Ebais 75, La Virgen 41002 Costa Rica
Departure Point :Sarapiqui Outdoor Center, 75 metros norte del Ebais, La Virgen Heredia, Heredia, Sarapiquí, Costa Rica
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
- Minimum age is 4 years
- Recommend you bring: Sunscreen, string or strap to secure your glasses, clothes to change into after the tour
- Recommend you wear: Swimsuit, Shorts or long pants (for sun protection only - no jeans), tennis shoes or sandals with ankle straps (no flip flops), light rain jacket and/or polypropylene, wool shirts for cool or rainy days. Cotton T-shirts for sunny days only (they make you colder when wet)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.