Safari to the Clouds - Salta
A safari through the main attractions of the area: the route of the Train to the Clouds, Salinas Grandes, Purmamarca and the Hill of the Seven Colors.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide in English and Spanish
- Includes breakfast, picnic lunch, snack and drinks on board
What's excluded :
- Dinner and meals not mentioned
- Services not mentioned
- Transfer to and from the hotel not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Quebrada de Humahuaca, Rio Grande Purmamarca Village, Humahuaca Argentina
This tour offers the only possibility of combining three unmissable landscapes of the Argentine Northwest in an unforgettable day: first, the “Road to the Clouds”, following the tracks of the famous Train to the Clouds, admiring this magnificent engineering work started in the 20s through the Quebrada del Toro to the famous Viaduct of the Polvorilla.
Second, the Puna crossing on Route 40 where we will see llamas and vicunas, and then reach the Salinas Grandes on the border with Jujuy.
And third, Cuesta de Lipán, a decrease of 2,000 meters in 35 km and the transition from the desert of the puna to the fertility of the wettest valleys to reach the picturesque town of Purmamarca located at the foot of the famous Hill of Seven Colors. The circuit ends with the arrival in Salta.
We leave the offices Tastil - Movitrack Jump at 06:30 to start one of the most exciting trips in the North: the Puna, crossing valleys and gorges, along mountain roads.
We made the first part of our tour through the Lerma Valley. After crossing some summer villas we arrive at the town of Campo Quijano, during the tour, we permanently cross bridges, viaducts, and tunnels in addition to passing through small towns, such as the Alfarcito where we will have breakfast and Santa Rosa de Tastil, to visit the pre-Inca ruins from Tastil.
We will see San Antonio de los Cobres and then head to the famous viaduct of La Polvorilla, one of the highest viaducts in the world, the highlight of the Train to Las Nubes,
Later, we will have lunch, then go to the Salinas, Cuesta de Lipán, a descent of 2,000 meters in 35 km and the transition from the desert of the puna to the fertility of the wettest valleys to then arrive at the picturesque town of Purmamarca located at foot of the famous Hill of the Seven Colors.
The circuit ends with the arrival in Salta.
Departure Point :Caseros 468, A4400 Salta, Argentina
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.