Sailing Greece off Athens, short or weekly on Private Yacht
The experience is Sailing the Greek islands on a private yacht with the owner, for a most wonderful holiday.
I shall be your skipper and will guide you to attractive spots for swimming, island port villages, activities, places of interest and culture.
We can make the activity as much relaxing or intense as you prefer. We relax by anchoring in nice, secluded coves to swim, snorkel, canoe, yoga and cook. Or we can sail longer hours if you want to practice the sport, giving you a crash course on how to handle sails, steer the boat and tie knots!
We spend the nights in the boat, alternating bay anchorage and port mooring. In the latter event, we go out to enjoy exquisite meals at tavernas, tasting fresh fish, local cuisine and wine. Shall walk around the island village to visit places of interest or even rent a bike or motor to tour the whole island ! Overall a most memorable holiday in the blue Greek seas !
per adult from
1 to 21 days
What's included :
- 7 nights accommodation
- Skipper /guide
- Guidance to islands, commentary
- Linen & Towels on board
- Cooking gas
- Dinghy & motor
- Snorkeling equipment
- Athens marina boat fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Athens
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-out and based on consumption. We depart with full tank and fill up upon return. Consumption depends on wind conditions and diesel prices. Average is 150€/ week.
- Food and drinks (we buy provisions before departure and on islands)
- Transportation to/from airport
- Island marina fees (very inexpensive
- The accommodation fee for night before departure. Given that we depart Saturday for weekly trips, it is best that you arrive Friday. We can arrange an apartment across the marina for a 'less-than-hotel' fee
- A refundable security deposit for damages/lost items of 300
- End cleaning fee of 60
Weekly trips depart on a Saturday, around mid-day when boat is ready. We sail off the Alimos Marina of Athens, Pier 8, having bought food and drinks provisions for snacks, light lunch, salads and drinks on board. The Alimos Marina is very easily accessible form the airport by Bus (X96), 45' to Eden stop or from the Athens city center by taxi, tram or bus. I shall propose an itinerary around the islands and coasts, depending on how fast or how slow you want to go, and you shall make choices ! Meaning, how many different islands you want to visit within the week, and how many stops for swimming.
Our only constraints are daylight and weather. I shall advise what time we need to be on the route to a safe anchorage or port before dark. In strong wind conditions we shall play safe and relax.
Within one week we can nicely tour most of the
Saronic-Argolic islands & coasts, namely Aegina, Poros, Hydra, Spetses, Angistri, Methana, PortoHeli, Dokos, Ermioni, also Epidavros (where the ancient theatre for a tragedy performance!).
Alternatively, we head to the
Cyclades, stopping at cap Sounion, and visit Kea (Tzia), Kythnos, up to Serifos, Sifnos.
To visit Mykonos, Paros, Milos, Santorini we shall
need 2 weeks to better enjoy the trip.
A third route is to the
Ionian (west) islands, crossing the Corinth Canal.
Depending on your desire to discover the inner world of the any island you like, we may stay for more days, tour it on foot, rent bicycles or motor bikes, visiting ancient ruins, local museums, wine tasting or other attractions.
The 1-3 day trips sailing off Athens, will allow us to cover the Athens riviera or two to three islands within the Saronic-Argolic gulfs.
The yacht is a 39ft (11,5m) ELAN, featuring 3 double wide cabins that comfortably sleep 6 persons, 2 bathrooms, the salon (where skipper sleeps) and kitchen. It is equipped with roller sails (both mainsail and genoa), GPS plotter, solar panel, 3 water tanks (512lts), electric fridge, music system.
There is so much to discover in terms of Greek islands ! Some say that a lifetime is not enough to sail all of them and really get to know them. That's why we have guests who keep coming back to us summer after summer, for 12 years now !
Departure Point :ΜΑΡΙΝΑ ΑΛΙΜΟΥ, Alimos 174 55, Greece
Traveler pickup is offered
If the trip booked is a daily one, time restrictions may not allow us to pick you up, please take a taxi or public transport as per our instructions that we shall provide on that day.Airports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- People on board are kindly asked to assist skipper in simple tasks (anchoring & mooring) following his instructions.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Subject to weather conditions. If extreme weather occurs, we shall stay safe in port.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.