Saints & Spirits Day Tour from Belfast
If only every day could be a Saints & Spirits Day. You’ll reach out and touch the past, your emotions, and your senses too. This day is like an awakening, or a period of reflection where you will learn new things about Ireland and about yourself. It’s a time to step back from the rush of everyday life and explore the mystical, the moving and the inspired. As well as a journey by road, this is a journey inward.
You’ll spend the day in the company of local people – your local driver, your local guide and local storytellers. Think of them as your family for the day. Between them, they’ll help you experience our history through their eyes. You’ll also feel the warm welcome that we’re known for.
The places you’ll visit on this tour are moving, intriguing and stirring: the celestial heights of Saint Patrick’s life, the poignancy of The Somme, brisk winds as we cross Strangford Lough by ferry, the authentic craft of a local gin-maker and the complex fragrance of their artisan spirits.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Dedicated & experienced local driver
- Dedicated & knowledgeable local storytelling guide
- Private guided tours of Somme Heritage Centre, Down Cathedral & Echlinville Distillery
- Ferry Crossing
- Luxury Mini Coach
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Somme Heritage Centre
- Entry/Admission - Down Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Strangford Lough
- Entry/Admission - The Echlinville Distillery
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Saltwater Brig
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Somme Heritage Centre, 233 Bangor Road, Newtownards BT23 7PH Northern Ireland
The Somme Heritage Centre, on this private guided tour you’ll hear powerful stories of heroism and sacrifice.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Down Cathedral, Downpatrick Northern Ireland
Enjoy a private guided tour of the cathedral and grounds – where Saint Patrick is believed to be buried. You’ll hear plenty more stories and uncover the history of the area while you’re here, such as stories of Saint Patrick tending sheep as a slave, and where he built his first church.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Strangford Lough, Park Road, off the A25, Strangford Northern Ireland
We’ll hop aboard the ferry to cross the remarkable and beautiful Strangford Lough. Believed to have been named by the Vikings, the Lough is home to over 2000 species of marine animals. Internationally important flocks of wildfowl and wading birds converge on the shores in winter.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Saltwater Brig, Newtownards BT22 1AR, UK
Enjoy their selection of local and internationally inspired dishes
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Echlinville Distillery, 62 Gransha Road Echlinville House, Newtownards BT22 1AJ Northern Ireland
Echlinville Distillery is hidden away among the drumlins of the Ards Peninsula. Here you’ll enjoy a Taste & Tipple private guided tour and have the chance to try the unique spirits they craft here.
Tea, coffee and snacks on arrival,
short history of the distillery,
tour of distillery,
opportunity to purchase
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Belfast City Hall, Donegall Square N, Belfast BT1 5GS, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Comfortable/walking shoes recommended
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.