Salamis Ancient Kingdom and Famagusta from Aphrodite Hills and Pissouri Bay
Cross UN buffer zone into occupied Cyprus and visit some of the north's most famous historical sites. First stop is Salamis Archaeological Site, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea from Cyprus east coast. Salamis was the most brilliant ancient city in Cyprus and the capital of the island for more than thousand years. The archaeological site of Salamis, culture and history is considered as one of the most important not just in Cyprus but also in the Mediterranean Sea. Next stop, Famagusta City where you will visit the Latin Cathedral of Saint Nicholas. Enjoy your free time for lunch or for strolling around in the old town. Before heading back, a short stop at Constantia Beach where you will have the opportunity for a panoramic view of the ghost town of Famagusta. The once bustling holiday resort which was abandoned during the Turkish invasion of 1974, and has remained sealed behind barbed wire barricades ever since. Please remember to bring passport / ID on this trip.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Salamis
- Entry/Admission - Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salamis, Famagusta 99450 Cyprus
Visit Salamis Archaeological Site, overlooking the Mediterranean Sea from Cyprus east coast. Salamis was the most brilliant ancient city in Cyprus and the capital of the island for more than thousand years. The archaeological site of Salamis, culture and history is considered as one of the most important not just in Cyprus but also in the Mediterranean Sea. Discover the archaeological site of Salamis as your guide shares with you the rise and fall of this Great Greek Kingdom
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Lala Mustafa Pasha Mosque, Mahmut Celaleddin Sokak, Famagusta Cyprus
Visit the originally known as the Cathedral of Saint Nicholas. The cathedral is the largest medieval building in Famagusta, Cyprus.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ghost Town Famagusta, Eleftherias 42 Derinia, Famagusta 5380 Cyprus
Enjoy a panoramic view of the ghost town of Famagusta
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Aphrodite Hills Holiday Residences & Apartments, Λεωφόρος Αφροδίτης 3, Sakarya 8509, Cyprus
Traveler pickup is offered
Participants are required to contact the local provider to confirm their exact pick up location and time at least 48 hours before excursion date.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 6/1/2020 - 10/31/2020
6/1/2021 - 10/31/2021
Thursday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM Saturday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM Thursday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM Saturday: 07:30 AM - 08:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Passport or EU ID card required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please note that the operational program is subject to change.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.