Salay and Mount Popa's Finest in a Day
This tour is operated by a Travelife responsible tour operator. The program is suitable for travellers who wishes to complete must-see attractions around Bagan.
Route : Salay - Mount Popa
Start : Bagan
End : Bagan
Yokesone Monastery, Sale House, Mount Popa
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Private Transportation
- Entry/Admission - Yokesone Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Mount Popa
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yokesone Monastery, Yokesone, Sale Myanmar
Drive to Salay which is located 15 kilometres south of Bagan (1:30 hr driving). In Salay, visit Yoke Sone Monastery with its spectacular woodcarvings. (Remark: Yoke Sone Monastery is closed on Monday & public holiday).
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Salay House, 481 Strand Road, Sale Myanmar
Stop by at Salay House, an old colonial building built in early 20th century, with the fatanstic Irrawaddy River view
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Mount Popa, Kyauk Padaung Road, Popa Myanmar
Drive to Mount Popa, which is an extinct volcano located about 31 miles away from Bagan (1:30 hr drive from Salay to Mount Popa). Mount Popa is best known for the stunningly picturesque Popa Taungkalat monastery and is popularly recognized as an abode of many ancient spirits.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Bagan, Bagan, Mandalay Region
Visit traditional Htan Tae (Todday farm hut) to learn about making jiggery from toddy palm syrup. The translucent white syrup is boiled until it becomes golden brown and then, made into bite-sized pieces to be eaten as a sweet.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Due to Covid-19, there may be restrictions or barriers to travel to Myanmar. When in doubt, please check with us first.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.