Salem On Foot Walking Tours
Take an easy, 90-minute guided tour through the city's streets and stories to explore the events that shaped Salem, and still cast long shadows today. You'll hear about witches and Puritans, of course, but also about Nathaniel Hawthorne, the exotic spice trade, a Revolutionary War standoff, and the Great Fire that nearly wiped Salem off the map. We'll even visit one of the oldest graveyards in the nation!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
What's excluded :
- Join author and historian Rory Raven for a guided tour through four centuries of Salem history and legend. You will explore the sites and stories that shaped the city and still cast their shadows to this day. This tour traces the development of Salem from a humble fishing village, to one of the richest cities in the nation, and finally into the present-day Witch City! Salem has a rich history that stretches far beyond the infamous witch trials of 1692, and you will hear about all the high points on this easy, 90 minute tour. This is not another cheesy ghost tour, but a great way to get better acquainted with Salem’s rich and glorious past! Rory gives you a fascinating look at the characters and stories that make Salem strangely unique … and uniquely strange!
Tours depart from Emporium 32, 6 Central Street, right in downtown Salem, at 3pm and 7pm. Tickets are $15. Please arrive and check in ten minutes or so before the tour begins and spend some time browsing the fantastic wares available in the shop!
See you soon!
Departure Point :Derby Square, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Return Detail :South Washington Square, S Washington Square, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.