Salem Witch Trials Historical Walking Tour
Visit the sites of the Colonial Witch Trials that made Salem famous on this 90-minute walking tour. Stroll through this historical town and see the locations where the First Church, Salem Meetinghouse, Courthouse and others once stood. You will visit the Witch House as well as the Witchcraft Memorial and will hear stories of people involved and see where they lived. Discover the somber and harrowing events that occurred before, during and after the trials on this walking tour in Salem.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- 90-minute Salem Witchcraft Walking Tour
- Local and Professional Guide
- Gain detailed insight into the infamous 1692 Salem Witch Trials
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Entry/Admission - Rockafellas
- Entry/Admission - Joshua Ward House
- Entry/Admission - Witch House
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Haunted Footsteps & Salem Historical Tours, 8 Central Street, Salem, MA 01970-3703
Examine the demographics, theories and personal stories comprising the dire events of 1692. We will bring you to many of the locations that are full of witch trial history. Many of the structures are long since gone except for a few, but we know where they were located. This is a fascinating tour that will shed new light on what happened during the infamous witchcraft hysteria which turned neighbor against neighbor.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Salem Witch Trials Memorial, Charter St., Salem, MA 01970
Dedicated in 1992, this bench style memorial is in remembrance for the 20 innocent victims of the 1692 Salem Witchcraft Trials.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Rockafellas, 231 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Now a popular restaurant located in the center of historic Salem, Rockafellas or the Daniel Low and Co. building was the original site of the First Church of Salem, as well as the city meeting house in 1692
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Joshua Ward House, 148 Washington St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Now the Merchant Hotel this is the site where George Corwin's house once stood. He was the High Sheriff of Essex County in 1692, as such, responsible for signing arrest and execution warrants of the innocent victims of the trials.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Witch House, 310 1/2 Essex St, Salem, MA 01970-3257
The only remaining Salem structure with direct ties to the witch trials of 1692.
Departure Point :8 Central St, Salem, MA 01970, USA
Return Detail :Salem, MA, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tours depart at 4pm. Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes prior to your tour. Check in at Salem Historical Tours Office at 8 Central Street, Salem, MA.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- Please be advised that the state of Massachusetts and the City of Salem are requiring masks to enter business establishments. You will not be able to enter our business without a mask or face covering. Until further notice, a mask or face covering will be required on tours since we will not be able to stay six feet away from each other. Salem Historical Tours LLC reserves the right to deny service to anyone refusing to wear a mask or face covering. This requirement is subject to change based on orders by the state and the city.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- We use an amplifier so everyone who is social distancing can hear us.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.