Salkantay Inka Trail (7 days 6 nights)
The 7 Day Inca Trail offers tourists the chance to enjoy a magic combination Salkantay Trek and the Inca Trail. Starting on the Salkantay Trek the route diverges just before Salkantay Pass and instead goes over the Incachiriaska Pass (Frozen Inca Pass) which leads you down to the village of Wayllabamba, there, we join the Inca Trail and continue on to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate.
Before the trek, your guide will meet you at your hotel for an in-depth briefing. This provides an opportunity to ask questions and do any last-minute shopping before leaving Cusco.
The itinerary below is an example. Hiking times are an average and will vary depending on the group. Additionally, lunch and camp sites may change to meet the needs of the group and conditions.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pre-departure briefing
- Sleeping bag. Our sleeping bags are –20ºC-comfort (0ºF) and and mummy form and include a sleeping liner.
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer in private transportation to Challacancha (starting point of the trek)
- Personal tents: 2 people in each 4-people-capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and a safe keeping of backpacks.
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Chef and cooking equipment.
- Accommodation in Aguas Calientes or Machupicchu
- Horse man (to carry tents, food and cooking equipment) – days 1 to 4
- 1 Bag or duffle bag where you can out maximum of 6kg per person (including sleeping pad and sleeping bag) – days 1 to 2(we are going to carry in our horses)
- 6 Breakfasts, 6 Lunches, 6 Afternoon Snacks and 6 Dinners. If you have a dietary request such as + daily morning snack + daily tea service except last day). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost.
- One textile snack bag per person, to avoid the usage of plastic bags that contaminate our environment
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps
- CONTINUOUS READING
What's excluded :
- Lunch on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Optional night in Aguas Calientes can be arranged easily.
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu
- DAY 1 CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – MARCOCASA
Tour begins by visiting the important Inca site Tarawasi, it is about a 2 hour drive from Cusco. After we visited this site we’ll carry on to Mollepata, the starting point of our trek. Our campsite will be in Marcocasa (3500m / 11482ft), from there we will be able to admire the amazing view of the snow-capped peak Rayuska (5350m / 17552 ft).
DAY 2 MARCOCASA – SALKANTAYPAMPA
On this day we´ll head to Soraypampa, where we will join the main Salkantay trekking route. This is an easy trek as won´t cover a long distance. From Soraypampa it’s about another hour to walk to Salkantaypampa (4100m / 13451 ft.), the campsite for the night.
DAY 3 SALKANTAYPAMPA – PAMPAKAWANA
On this day we are going to leave the main trek to head towards the Inca Trail. We´ll be walking uphill (Frozen Inca Pass, 5028m / 16495 ft.) to reach the highest point on the trek and getting to the small community Pampacawana (4000m / 13123 ft.), where we will camp for the night.
DAY 4 PAMPACAWANA - LLULLUCHAPAMPA
Setting off from Pampacawana we’ll make our way down the valley to join the Inca Trail at Wayllabamba, along the way we’ll pass by our first Inca site ‘Paucarcancha’. At Wayllabamba we´ll leave our mules behind in order to protect the Inca Frail from damages, since it is only for walkers. Llulluchapampa (3800m / 12460ft.) is the closest campsite to the Dead Woman’s Pass.
DAY 5 LLULLUCHAPAMPA – CHAQUICOCHA
Today is the day we´ll make our way over 2 passes, luckily we’ve camped fairly close to the first one so it’s not as hard as for most Inca Trailers who usually camp in the valley further down. We´ll see the high mountain rang as we cross the 2 passes and will have the chance to visit 2 Inca sites (Runcuraccay and Sayacmarca). Our campsite will be at Chaquicocha (3600m / 11800ft).
DAY 6 CHAQUICOCHA – WINAYWAYNA
This day will be a relaxing day, enjoying some of the most beautiful sceneries the Inca Trail has to offer. It is only a short distance we´ll have to cover along what is known as the Inca Flat (gentle ascents and descents). We´ll be visiting 2 Inca sites (Phuyupatamarca and Winay Wayna), so this is by far one of the most impressive days of the entire trek. Our campsite for the night is at Winay Wayna (2680m / 8792ft), arriving early in afternoon we´ll be enjoying a guided tour after we have settled in.
DAY 7 WINAYWAYNA – MACHUPICCHU
This day is the highlight of the trek. After waking up early you´ll head straight to the checkpoint to enter Machu Picchu and once the site opens you can carry on to the Sun Gate where you’ll get your very first fantastic view of Machu Picchu. In the afternoon we´ll take the train back to Ollantaytambo and head back to Cusco in a private bus.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :5am at your hotel ( Every day, including holidays) You will be picked-up at your hotel in Cusco in the morning between 5:00 -5:15 am Hrs. the transport will pick up passengers from several different hotels in Cusco, so your pick-up time may vary. Please be ready and waiting in the lobby.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Others: hot water every morning and evening for washing purposes / boiled water to fill in your water bottle every morning and night, and at lunch time if requested with enough time ahead
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Machupicchu entrance fee
- Train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Cusco(Expedition Service).
- Transfer train station Ollantaytambo-hotel in Cusco
- 1 blanket per Person
- 1 Pillow
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- During the travel, your main luggage can be stored at our office or at your hotel, both free of charge.
- If you are vegetarian, please advise at time of booking
- Original passport,
- Original ISIC (an international student card if applicable)
- Travel insurance,
- Pocket money in Nuevos Soles,
- A small rucksack,
- Rain gear (a rain-jacket and a waterproof trousers),
- Resistible footwear, waterproof trekking shoes are recommended,
- Sandals (for a higher comfort while at a campsite),
- Warm clothes such as a jacket, a fleece (thermal clothing is also recommended for cold nights during camping),
- Hat or a cap (to protect you against the Sun, rain as well as cold),
- Sun cream or sun block,
- Insect repellent – recommended minimum is 20% DEET (please note that no malaria cases have been reported during this trip!),
- Camera and its charger/batteries (please note that batteries are consumed quickly under cold conditions),
- Flashlight/headlamp + batteries,
- Small towel and toiletries,
- Swimsuit (to visit the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes)
- Snacks (biscuits, energy bars, chocolate, raw fruits, muesli, etc.) Please note: we do provide a daily morning snack and our meal service is very complete and well supplied. The recommendation of taken own snack applies only for customers who like a specific snack that might not be in our menu.
- Bottled water for the first morning and a water bottle to be refill.
- Vistadome Train (One Way) – US$55.00
- Single Accommodation* – US$43.00
- Ingreso to Huaynapicchu
- Black Diamond Hiking Poles.
- Sleeping bags according to route requirement.
- We use 3* hotels in Aguas Calientes, if you dont want to share a room (double or triple), select Single Accommodation in add ons when Booking.
- If you are a lover of nature and landscapes, the Vistadome train is your best choice. Panoramic windows in the walls and roofs of cars make the connection to the outside is experienced in a very vivid way.
- Student Discount (only with active green ISIC card): US$20.00
- Under 15 years will pay as student: US$20.00
- Under 7 years Discount: US$35.00
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.