Salkantay Trek To Machu Picchu
Follow the path of the Incas on a trek through Peru’s picturesque Vilcabamba range and admire the majestic and sacred Salkantay Mountain as you make your way to Machu Picchu. For centuries, Andean people have worshiped the mountains as gods, which they call Apus, and Salkantay Mountain in particular, one of the highest peaks in Peru, has played a central role in the astrology and spirituality of Andean cultures past and present.
The reverence shown to the Apus by the Incas is especially obvious at the world-renowned citadel of Machu Picchu, one of the Seven New World Wonders. Here, the concept of “sacred geography” is reflected in the citadel’s stunning architecture and location, as well as in its alignment with the mountains and the movements of the sun and the stars.
per adult from
10 to 15 minutes
What's included :
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- At your arrival to the airport we will the staff from Qosqo Expedtions will be waiting for you. With your name to get you on board to the private transportation drive 20 minutes to the hotel check in before we start the City Tour.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/26/2019 - 10/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.